Nine-year NBA veteran Dewayne Dedmon joins the 76ers for the second time in his career, after most recently playing in the last three NBA seasons with the Miami Heat.
Dedmon’s first stint with the 76ers came during an 11-game stretch in his rookie 2013-14 season.
In his return to Philadelphia, Dedmon will wear No. 14.
Get to know the newest member of the 76ers…
- Dedmon is a Lancaster, CA native, born Aug. 12, 1989 (age 33).
- He played his first season of high school basketball as a senior at Lancaster High School, before playing college hoops at Antelope Valley College during the 2009-10 season and USC from 2011-13 (he spent a redshirt season at USC from 2010-11).
- Dedmon went undrafted in the 2013 NBA Draft, but played on the Miami Heat and Dallas Mavericks’ Summer League squads that summer. On September 23, he signed with the Golden State Warriors, where he played in the preseason and later joined the Santa Cruz Warriors (G League, then D-League, affiliate).
- Later in the 2013-14 season, Dedmon joined the 76ers on Jan. 14, where he played a pair of 10-day contracts with the team.
- After another pair of 10-day stints, this time with the Orlando Magic, Dedmon signed his first multi-year deal in the NBA with the Magic on March 17, 2014.
- Dedmon spent a single season with the San Antonio Spurs in 2016-17, followed by a pair of seasons with the Atlanta Hawks from 2017-19. He next joined the Sacramento Kings (2019-20), before getting traded back to Atlanta in Feb. 2020, where he remained until November 2020.
- During his second season with the Hawks, Dedmon averaged a career-high 10.8 points (plus 7.5 rebounds, 1.4 assists, 1.1 steals, and 1.1 blocks per game).
- Dedmon signed with Miami in 2021, and again in 2022. He was traded to the Spurs prior to the 2023 trade deadline.
- Over the course of the 2022-23 season thus far, Dedmon appeared in 30 games for the Heat, averaging 11.7 minutes, 5.7 points, and 3.6 rebounds per game.
- Over the course of his career, Dedmon has appeared in 507 NBA games, averaging 6.4 points and 5.8 rebounds per game. Dedmon is a 52.6% career shooter overall.