“The NBA Family” includes the National Basketball Association (“NBA”), the Women’s National Basketball Association (“WNBA”), the NBA G League (“G League”), the NBA 2K League, the Basketball Africa League, and each of their respective teams and affiliates.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE OBTAIN THROUGH COOKIES?
- COOKIES USED ON THE ONLINE SERVICES
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Analytics Cookies
- Advertising Cookies
- Social Media Cookies
The types of Cookies used on our Online Services may include:
- Browser Cookies. Browser cookies are small text files that are unique to your device. They can either be session-based (in other words, lasting while your browser is open) or persistent (in other words, lasting until you delete them or they expire).
- Local Stored Objects. Local stored objects (“LSOs”) are stored on your device or browser to provide the Online Services.
- Web Beacons. “Web beacons” (also referred to as pixel tags or clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and are often used in combination with cookies.
- Software Development Kits. Mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) are bits of computer code used by mobile app developers to enable or enhance various features of a mobile app. For example, an app developer may include an SDK within a mobile app that enables advertisements to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed in connection with the mobile app.
The Cookies used on our Online Services fall into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary
- Social Media
A description of each category is provided below:
These Cookies are necessary for our Online Services to operate properly and to enable you to use their features. Without these Cookies, certain Online Services cannot be provided. These Cookies provide us information (such as your session ID) that helps us authenticate users and confirm their consent or acceptance to terms and conditions on our Online Services. We also use these Cookies for purposes such as protecting security, preventing fraud, and providing technical support.
This category of Cookies should not be disabled.
These Cookies allow our Online Services to remember choices you make and provide enhanced and personalized features. They capture information (such as your region, preferences and choices, pages browsed or products viewed) so that we can provide you with a better experience, improve our Online Services, and develop new products and services. For example, when you sign into your account to use the Online Services, we use these Cookies to store your sign-in information. This allows our Online Services to remember your user preferences and give you a more tailored experience based on those preferences. It also allows you to use the Online Services without having to sign-in each time you return to an Online Service.
These Cookies generally are deleted when you end your browsing session or within a period of time thereafter. If you do not allow these Cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Online Services.
We use these Cookies to help us analyze how our Online Services are used and improve how they work, such as to improve performance and make our Online Services more user-friendly. These Cookies collect information about how users interact with our Online Services, such as about which features of the Online Services are used, for how long they are used, and whether any errors occurred while using them. These Cookies also help us count the number of unique users to a particular Online Service and measure the performance and effectiveness of content we make available through our Online Services. The information obtained through these Cookies may be disclosed to or collected directly by third-party analytics services.
Social Media Cookies
Consent Management Solution
Depending on where you are located, you can manage your preferences for web-based Cookies via our consent management solution on the relevant Online Services. This includes withdrawing consent for those Cookies if you have previously provided us such consent. Please note that when you use these tools, you need to renew your choices each time you clear your Cookies from your browser or device, use a new browser or device, or visit a different Online Service.
You also may stop certain web-based Cookies from being downloaded on your device by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new Cookies and how to disable existing Cookies. Please note, however, that without Cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of our Online Services.
Click on the links below to find out how to manage Cookies on popular browsers:
You can manage your choices regarding interest-based advertising by clicking the “Your Privacy Choices” link located in the footer of an NBA.com webpage. You also have the following options to manage Cookies and opt out of interest-based advertising:
- For Flash cookies, you can access Flash management tools from Adobe’s website. In addition, some, but not all, browsers provide the ability to remove LSOs within cookie and privacy settings.
- You may opt out of interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) by visiting their website. In the EEA and UK, please visit www.youronlinechoices.eu/ or www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/.
- You may opt out of interest-based advertising from companies that participate in the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting their website.
- You may opt out of Nielsen proprietary measurement software, which will allow users to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen TV Ratings, by visiting their website.
- You may opt out of WarnerMedia News & Sports’ collection, use, and transfer of data for interest-based advertising by visiting the WarnerMedia targeted advertising opt out page within the WarnerMedia Privacy Center. Please note that if you opt out there, WarnerMedia News & Sports will continue to collect data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising from WarnerMedia News & Sports based on your activities on the Online Services.
When using a mobile app, you may receive interest-based in-app ads. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Depending on your device, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier by accessing the privacy settings on your device. In addition, each operating system (for example, iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices) provides its own instructions on how to stop the delivery of interest-based in-app ads. You may review the support materials or the privacy settings of the respective operating system for additional information on opting out of interest-based in-app ads. For other devices or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact (or review the applicable privacy web page of) the applicable platform operator.