The 76ers (1-0) will look to stay perfect in Las Vegas Monday, facing the Dallas Mavericks (0-1) in the second outing of their minimum five-game Vegas slate.
Jaden Springer led all scorers with 23 points.
Monday’s matchup is an 8:00 p.m. ET tip.
Saturday’s Key Performers:
- Springer reached a new Summer League-high 23 points Saturday, plus three rebounds, three assists, a steal, and a block. He shot 8-for-14 from the field in his team-high 32 minutes of play.
- Smart tallied 17 points, five rebounds, five assists, and a steal in 27 minutes.
- Smith totalled 13 points, three rebounds, five assists, three steals, and three blocks in 29 minutes, finishing at a game-best +20.
Ricky Council IV
- Fellow two-way player Council finished with 14 points, a team-high eight rebounds, and an assist in 28 minutes, shooting 5-for-11 from the field and 4-for-5 from the foul line.
- The 2021 Sixers’ draftee added 13 points (6-8 fg, 1-1 3fg), five rebounds, and a block in 21 minutes of play.
Monday’s opponent - the Mavericks - dropped their Summer League debut Saturday versus the Oklahoma City Thunder, 91-80.
Second-year pro Jaden Hardy was Dallas’ leading scorer in the opener, finishing with a game-high 23 points, plus six rebounds and two steals.
Bellefonte, PA native Dereck Lively II, the No. 12 overall pick in the 2023 NBA Draft, totaled four points, five rebounds, and a steal in his first pro action.
Quote to Note:
Tyrese Maxey alongside Nick Nurse at the inaugural NBA Con in Las Vegas Sunday:
“Philly fans, they’re so passionate when they come out to the games. That’s because they work for their tickets.”
Nurse, in response:
“Strong work ethic is what I believe in.”
Watch: ESPN U
Listen: 76ers Radio Network