Gameday Rundown: HEAT Look To Take Commanding 3-0 Lead Over Celtics
Game starts at 8:30PM on ESPN
Miami HEAT vs. Boston Celtics
Saturday, September 19th @ 8:30PM
EC Finals, Game Three
HEAT lead 2-0
Location: AdventHealth Arena at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports
Start time: 8:45PM
Radio: 790AM, MIX 98.3FM (Espanol)
Uniform: Icon - Black
What to watch for:
- The HEAT have taken a 2-0 series lead against the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals, becoming the first No. 5 seeded team or lower in NBA postseason history to hold a 2-0 series lead in their first three postseason series.
- Miami has held a 2-0 lead 16 previous times in team history, going on to post a perfect 16-0 series record.
- The HEAT came back from down 17 points in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the Celtics, tying their largest postseason comeback win in team history when they also came back from a 17-point deficit against the Thunder during Game 4 of the 2012 NBA.
- Tyler Herro has scored in double-figures in each of Miami’s 11 playoff games, the longest postseason double-figure scoring streak by a rookie in HEAT history, surpassing the previous record of 10-straight games which was held by Dwyane Wade.
- Goran Dragić has currently scored in double-figures in 29 consecutive postseason games, the fourth-longest streak by a member of the HEAT in team history.
- Chris Silva (groin) is out for game 2.
- The HEAT and Celtics met three times this regular season with Boston winning two of those three matchups.
- Miami is 48-75 all-time versus the Celtics during the regular season, including 29-35 in home games and 19-40 in road games.
- The teams enter this postseason having faced each other three previous times during the playoffs with Miami winning two of those three series.
Thanks to a remarkable third quarter, the HEAT came back from an early 17-point deficit and ultimately defeated the Celtics 106-101 Thursday night at AdventHealth Arena in Orlando to take a 2-0 series lead in the Eastern Conference Finals.
|112.0||POINTS PER GAME||107.6|
|104.4||OPPONENT POINTS PER GAME||101.8|
|.450||OPPONENT FG PCT.||.413|
|.380||3-PT FG PCT.||.343|
|43.9||REBOUNDS PER GAME.||44.7|
|39.9||OPPONENT REBOUNDS PER GAME||42.3|
|25.4||ASSISTS PER GAME||21.2|
|8.09||STEALS PER GAME||6.85|
|14.3||TURNOVERS PER GAME||14.1|
|14.4||OPPONENT TURNOVERS PER GAME||12.9|
|4.09||BLOCKS PER GAME||5.23|