Opening Night: HEAT 2013 Ring Ceremony Presented by Samsung Galaxy
Championship Ring and Banner Raising Ceremony, Jostens Championship Jewelry Collection, Newly-Renovated Flagship Lounges & Extensive New Concession Offerings Among List of Opening Night Debuts
MIAMI, October 28 – The back-to-back defending NBA Champion Miami HEAT will open the 2013-14 season on Tuesday, October 29, 2013 when they host their Eastern Conference rivals, the Chicago Bulls. Prior to the start of the game, the HEAT will celebrate the franchise’s third NBA title by presenting Championship Rings to the team and by having the 2013 Championship Banner take its place inside the AmericanAirlines Arena. Additionally, HEAT fans will be greeted by Arena improvements and exciting new concession offerings as the team embarks on its 26th season.
Opening Night Activities
• Doors open at 6:00 p.m., with Championship Ring Ceremony activities slated to begin at 7:15 p.m. The ceremony will feature a visually spectacular video display which transforms the surface of the HEAT court into a 3-D projection screen. Two separate video presentations will take fans on a journey through the HEAT regular season, highlighting the team’s milestones and accomplishments, including the 27-game winning streak, the brotherhood that developed between the players and the early rounds of the 2013 Playoffs, followed by a riveting video segment focused on Games 6 and 7 of the NBA Finals. HEAT Ownership, Basketball Operations personnel and the Coaching staff will receive their rings following the first video segment, while the HEAT players will be presented with their rings at the conclusion of the second video element.
• The night will be highlighted by the raising of the 2013 NBA Championship Banner to the rafters of AmericanAirlines Arena.
• The premiere of the 2013-14 Player Introduction Sequence will once again be set to the inspirational “Seven Nation Army” by the White Stripes and stars HEAT players training in a harsh setting under severe conditions that only they can withstand.
• Samsung Galaxy, the HEAT Opening Night Ring Ceremony presenting partner, will provide each fan with a unique lanyard and glow stick designed to allow fans to participate in the Ring Ceremony.
• The festivities will also include the debut of the Jostens Championship Ring Merchandise Collection, which will be available for purchase throughout the concourses and online at www.TheMiamiHEATStore.com immediately following the Ring Ceremony.
• Fans are encouraged to pick up their free copy of the special 100-page collector’s edition of Tipoff, the game day program.
• Fan favorite, 12-year-old Julia Dale, will sing the National Anthem.
• Tickets for Opening Night can be purchased directly from the HEAT or from HEAT Season Ticket Holders and other fans by logging on to HEAT.com and accessing the new TM+ feature from Ticketmaster. Only tickets purchased from the HEAT/Ticketmaster are guaranteed to get fans into the game.
What’s Cooking Miami!?! at AmericanAirlines Arena
In its never-ending quest for excellence, the AmericanAirlines Arena has renovated both its Flagship Lounges, transforming the areas into modern, luxurious spaces with state-of-the-art audio and visual elements. The new Flagship Lounges also boast new culinary collaborations with some of South Florida’s top chefs who will bring their signature style and dishes to the Arena. Participating chefs include: Richard Sandoval (Toro Toro), Dena Marino (MC Kitchen), Michael Lewis (Zuma), Luke Rinaman (China Grill), Kris Wessel (Florida Cookery), Will Boscoe (Biscayne Tavern) and Ralph Pagano (Alba Seaside Italian).
Levy Restaurants, the Arena’s longtime food and beverage vendor, has engineered a multi-million dollar concessions refresh including an infusion of local flavors, plus an extensive variety of new menu items. Highlights include:
• “Flavor Zones” including “Taste of Asia”, “Latin Flavor” and “Fit Food” cuisines on the 100 Level Concourse.
• Outposts of local eateries including Pride & Joy BBQ, Misha’s Cupcakes, Panna Express and Biscayne Tavern on the 100 and 300 Level Concourses.
• Ingredients supplied by local artisans including Zellwood Farms, Jackman Ranch, Winter Park Dairy Cheese and Dora Farms.
• Innovative concession items including Lamb Spareribs, Brisket Cheesesteak and Miami Fongo to name a few.
• Daily Deals and value meals for every HEAT game available for only $10 (with updates provided exclusively on Facebook.com/AmericanAirlinesArena or using the hashtag #AAarenaWhatsCooking).
• A dedicated website for game day food and beverage information: www.AAarena.com/WhatsCookingMiami.
For more information, visit www.AAarena.com