Kings Launch Season of Doing Good
Sacramento, Calif. – Today, the Sacramento Kings Foundation announced its Season of Doing Good presented by Wells Fargo schedule for December 2015. Each year, the Sacramento Kings partner with community leaders throughout the region to leverage basketball as an agent of social good. The month long blitz of special events is aligned with the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) Season of Giving.
“#DoGood is much more than a motto for the Kings Foundation,” said Kings Owner and Chairman Vivek Ranadivé. “It's a belief that, together, our employees, players, fans and community can build a stronger region. This holiday season we look forward to joining our community in the giving spirit.”
Kings players DeMarcus Cousins, Ben McLemore, Marco Belinelli and Willie Cauley-Stein have donated over $140,000 in tickets towards students as education incentives, non-profits to extend their mission and several families for their first NBA experience.
Upcoming events include:
Media can email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information and RSVP for events.
- Monday, December 7: Kings Tickets Sales and Service department will deliver donated food and volunteer at the Sacramento Food Bank. (3333 3rd Avenue, 95817)
- Wednesday, December 9: Rudy Gay will visit Kaiser Permanente’s Roseville Children’s Medical Facility. (1600 Eureka Rd, Roseville, CA 95661)
- Wednesday, December 9: Assistant Coach Nancy Lieberman will dedicate a refurbished court at Mama Marks Park in Del Paso Heights. (1149 Roanoke Avenue, 95838)
- Friday, December 11: Sacramento Kings Foundation will host 100 youth and 100 mentors from Big Brothers Big Sisters at Global Winter Wonderland. (1600 Exposition Boulevard, 94538)
- Saturday, December 12: Sacramento Kings Foundation will host Butte fire victims, firefighters and first responders to lunch, as well as make a community announcement. (577 West Charles, San Andreas, CA 95249)
- Sunday, December 13: Sacramento Kings Foundation and Destiny Church will host a bike and toy giveaway at Sleep Train Arena. (1 Sports Parkway, 95834)
- Monday, December 14: DeMarcus Cousins will once again become “Santa Cuz” and host 200 kids on a gift shopping spree at Arden Fair Mall. (1689 Arden Way, 95815)
- Tuesday, December 15: Owner and Chairman Vivek Ranadivé will host a Golden 1 Center/Downtown Commons (DOCO) construction worker appreciation lunch. (6th and K Street, 95814)
- Sunday, December 20: Kings employees will join Sacramento Kings Legend Bobby Jackson for a 500-meal giveaway for families in South Sacramento. (3812 Florin Road, 95823)
- Monday, December 21: Sacramento Kings and BloodSource will host a community blood drive at Sleep Train Arena. (1 Sports Parkway, 95834)
The Kings Foundation works year-round to provide the Sacramento region the support it needs to succeed economically and emotionally. Serving as a positive agent of change is at the core of the Foundation’s ongoing efforts to #DoGood, impact the world and make #SacramentoProud.