Isaiah Thomas Named Eastern Conference Player of the Week
NEW YORK, March 2, 2015 – The Boston Celtics’ Isaiah Thomas and the Portland Trail Blazers’ Damian Lillard today were named NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played Monday, Feb. 23, through Sunday, March 1.
Thomas helped the Celtics to a 3-1 week, which included wins over the Phoenix Suns and Charlotte Hornets. He placed third in the East in scoring (22.0 ppg) and tied for seventh in assists (6.5 apg). On Feb. 27, Thomas scored a season-high 28 points and dished out seven assists during the Celtics’ 106-98 win over the Hornets.
Lillard led the Trail Blazers to a 3-0 week, which included wins over the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder. He averaged 26.0 points (third in the conference) and added 5.7 assists and 4.7 rebounds. Lillard capped his week with a 31-point, seven-assist, four-rebound performance on March 1, during a 110-99 win over the Sacramento Kings.
Here is a recap of the week for Thomas and Lillard:
Isaiah Thomas, Boston Celtics
- Feb. 23 @ Phoenix: Scored 21 points and added seven assists in a 115-110 win over the Suns.
- Feb. 25 vs. New York: Tallied 19 points, seven assists and six rebounds during a 115-94 win over the Knicks.
- Feb. 27 vs. Charlotte: Posted a season-high 28 points and added seven assists in a 106-98 win over the Hornets.
Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
- Feb. 25 vs. San Antonio: Posted 18 points, seven rebounds and five assists during a 111-95 win over the Spurs.
- Feb. 27 vs. Oklahoma City: Scored 29 points and added five assists and three rebounds in a 115-112 win over the Thunder.
- March 1 @ Sacramento: Contributed 31 points, seven assists and four rebounds during a 110-99 win over the Kings.