Turning Students Into Hall Of Fame Readers
Register Your Class By Oct. 16
Like a great teammate, our Read to Achieve program assists teachers across Minnesota with their reading curriculum through a free and fun basketball-themed challenge.
Any Minnesota school with students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade is eligible to participate. Register your class below or scroll down to learn more about the program.
Get your student to read 20 minutes a day, or 500 total minutes between October 21 and December 11. Students can read in-school or at home.
After reading for 500 or more minutes, we will reward students with a prize pack featuring a poster, bookmark, Timberwolves goodies, and a ticket offer to a game!
How the Program Works
Read To Achieve is easy to implement in your classroom.
Each Monday, we will email you fun activity sheets as well an encouraging message from players or coaches. Videos and activity sheets will also be available at www.timberwolves.com/readtoachieve.
Share the message and activity sheets with your students and then during your dedicated reading time, keep track of how long your students are reading for with our handy tracking sheet.
Teacher Incentive: Teachers that have 50% or more of registered Read to Achieve students complete the 500-minute challenge will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to a Teacher Appreciation Timberwolves game.
School Incentive: The school with the most minutes read will receive a 2022-2023 Read to Achieve trophy.
Additionally, schools that have 50% or more of their registered Read to Achieve students complete the 500-minute challenge will go into a drawing for a Timberwolves team signed basketball.
Top Reader Incentive: A 2022-23 Read to Achieve trophy will be awarded to the top readers throughout the entire program in each grade from Kindergarten through 5th.
- October 16: Deadline to register your school or classroom.
- Week of October 17: Each student in your school/classroom will receive a Read to Achieve Tracking Sheet and each teacher will receive a Classroom Tracking Poster. Digital copies will be available online.
- October 31 – December 11: Students will track the number of minutes they read in school and at home.
- December 12: Schools will collect tracking sheets from students and submit results to www.timberwolves.com/readtoachieve.
- January 6: Deadline to submit reading results.
- End of January: Prize Packages will be mailed to schools.
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at email@example.com