Welcome to an all-new season of the Read to Achieve program!
How the Program Works
Students who read 500 or more minutes in school or at home between October 30th and December 15th will be rewarded with a Timberwolves prize pack! The prize pack includes a poster, bookmark, Timberwolves prize and a ticket offer to a Timberwolves home game.
- Week of October 23: Each teacher in your school/classroom will receive a Read to Achieve Classroom Tracking Sheet. Student Tracking Digital copies will be available online for downloading.
- October 25: Deadline to register your school or classroom.
- October 30 - December 15: Students will track the number of minutes they read in school and at home.
- December 12: Schools will collect tracking sheets from students and submit results to www.timberwolves.com/readtoachieve.
- January 8: Deadline to submit reading results.
- End of January: Prize Packages will be mailed to schools.
Weekly Newsletter: Each Monday, teachers will receive a digital newsletter with a special message from a Timberwolves player, coach or staff member and a fun activity page to share with students. Videos and activity sheets will also be available at www.timberwolves.com/readtoachieve.
Teacher Incentive: Teachers that have 50% or more of registered Read to Achieve students complete the 500-minute challenge will be eligible to receive discounted tickets to a Teacher Appreciation Timberwolves game. Game will be selected based off of availability.
School Incentive: The school with the most minutes read will receive a 2023-24 Read to Achieve trophy. Additionally, schools that have 50% or more of their registered Read to Achieve students complete the 500-minute challenge will go into a drawing for a Timberwolves team-signed basketball.
Top Reader Incentive: A 2023-24 Read to Achieve trophy will be awarded to the top readers throughout the entire program in each grade from Kindergarten through 5th.
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at firstname.lastname@example.org.