Welcome to another season of the Minnesota Timberwolves FastBreak Foundation Read to Achieve program. Over the past 16 seasons, students from over 1,500 schools in Minnesota have read almost 21 million pages and over 5 million minutes through the Read to Achieve program. Hopefully your school will continue the success of this FREE program by encouraging more students to spend their spare time in the classroom and at home reading.
How the Program Works
Students who read 500 or more minutes in school or at home between November 5th and December 2nd will be rewarded with a Timberwolves prize pack; including a poster, bookmark, Timberwolves notebook and a ticket offer to a Timberwolves game during the 2018-2019 season.
What You Need to Do:
- Register your school or classroom using the below form by Sunday, October 21st.
- Once you have registered your school/classroom, Read to Achieve Tracking Bookmarks for each of your students and Classroom Tracking Posters will be mailed to you by Friday, October 26th.
- Students will track the number of minutes they read in school or at home between Monday, November 5th - Friday, December 2nd.
- Collect the Tracking Bookmarks and use the online submission form found at Timberwolves.com/readtoachieve to submit your information by Monday, January 7th. This form will be available beginning December 3rd.
- Prize Packs will be mailed out and delivered to schools no later than the beginning of February.
Teacher Incentive - If a teacher has 50% or more of the students they signed up for the Read to Achieve program complete the 500-minute challenge, then they will receive 2 complementary tickets to a Teacher Appreciation Timberwolves game during the 2018-2019 season.
School Incentive - If a school has 50% or more of the students in their school that signed up for the Read to Achieve program complete the 500-minute challenge, the school will go into a drawing for a grand prize of a Timberwolves team signed basketball. We will also be rewarding the school with the highest number of minutes read with a 2018-2019 Read to Achieve trophy.
Top Reader Incentive - Amongst all the participating readers throughout the state, a special Read to Achieve Top Reader Trophy will be given to the student with the most minutes read in each grade Kindergarten through 5th.
Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding the program at: firstname.lastname@example.org.