Key Public Health Guidelines
The health and safety of guests and the team is our number one priority. In partnership with state and local health officials, we have worked to responsibly and thoughtfully implement new protocols to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. There are a few updates to the fan experience you can expect for the 2021-22 season:
- By entering STAPLES Center, you agree to follow the current California Department of Public Health Guidelines for Indoor Mega Events. All guests age 2 and over are required to present either proof of full vaccination (two weeks since your final dose) or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event date. A photo ID matching the vaccination or negative test record is required for all ticketed guests. Remember, if you’re not feeling well, please stay home! For the full terms and conditions, please see STAPLES Center Policies below.
- Courtside guests will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the event date.
- Face coverings are required for all guests over the age of two. Masks must cover both the nose and mouth at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Mobile tickets are required for entry. Follow the steps below to access your tickets.
- All transactions at STAPLES Center will be cashless. Cash to card kiosks will be available in the arena.
- The Bag Policy at STAPLES Center has changed. Bags, backpacks, purses, totes, clear bags, fanny packs, and camera bags are not allowed. Small clutches and wallets smaller than 5” x 9” x 1” are permitted and are subject to security inspection. Medical and parental bags smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” are permitted and required to go through an X-Ray machine security screening. Please see a Guest Services team member on-site for direction to the nearest screening entry.
- STAPLES Center is a smoke-free venue. This includes outdoor patios and terraces, and all former “smoking rooms.”
STAPLES Center Policies for Vaccination and Proof of Negative Tests:
PROOF OF VACCINATION:
Proof of full vaccination, showing that the attendee has received, more than two weeks prior to the event, either: (i) the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) or (ii) a dose of the single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen). The following are acceptable forms of proof of full vaccination: attendee’s physical COVID-19 vaccination record (i.e. CDC-provided white vaccination card or WHO-provided yellow vaccination card); OR a photo of attendee’s vaccination card as a separate document; OR a photo of attendee’s vaccine card stored on attendee’s mobile device or electronic device; OR documentation of the attendee’s full vaccination status against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider (on a mobile app, paper document, digital wallet card).
Vaccination records must clearly show the name of the vaccinated attendee, type of COVID-19 vaccine administered, and date(s) of each dose administered.
PROOF OF NEGATIVE TEST RESULT:
Proof of negative result from either a PCR or antigen COVID-19 viral test, taken within 72 hours of the event and with results available prior to entry into the venue. The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test result: a printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) showing test result; OR an electronic test result (email, text message, or mobile application record) displayed on the attendee’s phone or mobile device.
Test results must clearly show the name of the tested attendee, type of test performed, date of the test, and the negative test result.
1 ENTRY STEP 1: HEALTH VERIFICATION
All guests age 2 and over are required to present either proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event date. A photo ID matching the vaccination or negative test record is required for all ticketed guests.
- Vaccination requires:
- Two weeks elapsed since the second shot of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
- Two weeks elapsed since the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- A negative COVID test requires:
- A negative COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen) taken within 72 hours of the event date.
- Courtside guests will be required to provide proof of vaccination OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of the event date.
If you need to get tested, STAPLES Center has partnered with Medea Testing Solutions to provide guests with COVID-19 rapid antigen testing with $0 out-of-pocket costs to guests with insurance (or federal program for uninsured). Guests are strongly encouraged to register and schedule their test in advance of the event through Medea’s website.
2 ENTRY STEP 2: DIGITAL TICKETING
Download the LA Clippers App or AXS App before game day. Navigate to the “Tickets” section of the app and provide your account details to retrieve your tickets.
After providing health verification, guests will proceed to have their tickets scanned. At this point, guests will be responsible for pulling up their app and showing their digital tickets to a Guest Services team member to scan for entry.
Please note, STAPLES Center Box Office is not accessible to guests for troubleshooting.
Guest support will be available at the Microsoft Theater, former StubHub location, and West Garage Box Offices.
3 ENTRY STEP 3: FOOD, BEVERAGE & RETAIL
STAPLES Center will offer mobile ordering through guest portal QR codes.
All guests will be asked to order any food and beverage throughout the arena using the QR Code located at the concession stand or the QR located at your seat. We will let you know when the order is ready for pick up via SMS Text. Pick up your food and beverage at the designated pick-up location, and enjoy!