PORTLAND, Ore. (October 28, 2015) – As the Portland Trail Blazers roster was being energized with new talent in the offseason, so was the Moda Center and Rose Quarter. Fans will get their first regular season taste of all that’s new at tonight’s season opener against the New Orleans Pelicans. The Trail Blazers’ 2015-16 schedule tips off at 7 p.m., with tremendous anticipation surrounding not only the new faces on the roster and the rise of two-time NBA All-Star Damian Lillard, but also the enhanced in-game experiences at one of the league’s loudest arenas.
“With input from the greatest fans in the NBA, we’re constantly looking for ways to enhance the game experience around Moda Center and the Rose Quarter,” said Trail Blazers and Rose Quarter President & CEO Chris McGowan. “Ours was a very active offseason across the entire franchise, including what fans can expect at home games and other events.”
McGowan said the organization looked at multiple touchpoints for fans in planning its upgrades and enhancements for the new season. “We’re really excited about where we landed, not only continuing capital improvements to the venue’s physical appearance, but also bringing some entirely new elements into the experience,” he added.
Leading the list of experiences for fans is the all-new Kid City on the 300 Level. It offers more than 4,100 square feet of kid-friendly territory including kids’ food and beverage menus; merchandise selections specifically for youngsters; sign-making and face-painting stations; and lots of other games and attractions.
The Trail Blazers tradition of honoring long-time season ticketholders and ultra-loyal fans with a piece of the 1977 NBA Championship court gets a very special makeover. Starting this season, Portland-based Daddies Board Shop will produce a unique skateboard with custom wheels, “Rip City-style” paint job and Trail Blazers flare by local artist Dominic De Venuta to salute fans whose longevity is a cut above. Topping off the custom board are autographs by each 2015-16 Trail Blazers player. Since 1995, Daddies Board Shop has specialized in some of the most sought-after custom longboards, skateboards and snowboards.
The newly redesigned Trail Blazers Mobile App, sponsored by Les Schwab Tire Centers, tops the list of technology upgrades to further fuel the fan experience. With enhancements developed in partnership with Yinzcam, the new app features (*denotes brand new offering):
- Gametracker with live up-to-date stats, box scores, play-by-play and more;
- Live in-game shot charts and heat maps for each team;
- Game Flow feature allowing fans to read play-by-play details during and after games;
- Live in-game video feeds, replays and highlights (option only available in arena);
- Access to the LIVE Trail Blazers radio broadcast in the Portland market;
- Quick and easy season ticket account management capabilities;
- Delivery of Trail Blazers content to the app whether fans are at the Rose Quarter, elsewhere in-market or out-of-market;*
- In-Seat Ordering for Courtside Ticketholders for food and beverage delivery to their seats*; and
- New technology called FanScan to access printed materials including the pocket schedule, Rip City Magazine and other special content on the phone.*
“Mobile technology has grown from being a luxury to a necessity to maximize our fans’ experience at Trail Blazers games,” said Dewayne Hankins, Trail Blazers Senior Vice President of Brand Strategy and Digital. “We built on our existing offerings with new options designed to keep fans engaged with Trail Blazers content inside and outside the arena.”
Also awaiting Trail Blazers fans this season will be:
- Further evolution of the Rose Quarter’s authentically Portland food and beverage offerings to include a new seafood concept called Hook/Line, featuring hand-battered cod fish-and-chips, clam chowder and locally sourced oysters;
- New menu choices at fan favorites Dr. Jack’s, Pyramid Taproom at Schonely’s Place and healthy option Plum Tasty by Moda;
- Access to Apple Pay technology as a payment option at 19 retail positions around Moda Center and Rose Quarter; and
- Newly remodeled Courtside Club for courtside seat holders featuring an expanded food menu, new beverage selections and tributes to Rip City.