–Defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry lead the way with 18 appearances, including Christmas Day vs. Memphis Grizzlies and Ja Morant in Grizzlies’ first Christmas appearance.
–Grizzlies host New York Knicks; Phoenix Suns host Dallas Mavericks in ESPN’s season-opening doubleheader on October 19
–NBA Finals rematch between Warriors and Boston Celtics tips off NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC series on December 10
🚨 The #NBA schedule is out
🏀 100-game slate
🏀 Christmas Day
🏀 NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC, ABC Sunday Showcase
🏀 Opening week on ESPN
— ESPN PR (@ESPNPR) August 17, 2022
ESPN and ABC will combine to nationally televise 100 NBA regular season games during the 2022-2023 campaign. The schedule, officially unveiled on ESPN’s NBA Today (August 17), will feature blockbuster matchups and the game’s highest-profile superstars across Christmas Day, NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC, ABC Sunday Showcase, opening week on ESPN and more. This season marks ESPN’s 21st consecutive year televising NBA games.
In addition to the regular season, ESPN will televise several NBA preseason games, as well as up to 44 NBA Playoffs telecasts, culminating with exclusive coverage of the NBA Finals on ABC, starting June 1, 2023. ESPN will also exclusively televise the 2023 Western Conference Finals. All ESPN and ABC NBA telecasts are available to stream via the ESPN App. The NBA Countdown pregame show precedes NBA game coverage throughout the season, generally beginning 30 minutes prior to the game.
Opening Week on ESPN features defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors
ESPN’s 2022-23 NBA game coverage tips off with a doubleheader on Wednesday, October 19, as the New York Knicks and new acquisition Jalen Brunson visit the Memphis Grizzlies and Ja Morant at 7:30 p.m. ET. The telecast will be exclusively on ESPN in the New York market. Then, the Phoenix Suns and Devin Booker host the Dallas Mavericks and Luka Dončić at 10 p.m. in an exclusive telecast in the Phoenix market.
ESPN’s opening week coverage continues on Friday, October 21 when the Boston Celtics and Jayson Tatum visit the Miami Heat and Jimmy Butler in a rematch of the Eastern Conference Finals at 7:30 p.m. The telecast is exclusively on ESPN in the Boston market. In the nightcap, the defending NBA Champion Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry host the Denver Nuggets and reigning NBA M.V.P. Nikola Jokić at 10 p.m.
- 18 appearances by the defending NBA Champion Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry;
- 16 appearances by the defending Eastern Conference Champion Boston Celtics and Jayson Tatum;
- 16 appearances by the Los Angeles Lakers and LeBron James;
- 14 appearances each by the Dallas Mavericks and Luka Dončić and the Milwaukee Bucks and Giannis Antetokounmpo;
- Memphis Grizzlies and Ja Morant to make first Christmas Day appearance in franchise history and 11 overall appearances;
- ESPN’s NBA Thanksgiving Eve tradition continues: Boston Celtics host Dallas Mavericks; Golden State Warriors host LA Clippers on November 23;
- NBA Finals rematch tips off NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC series on December 10: Boston Celtics vs. Golden State Warriors;
- NBA Playoffs rematches on Christmas Day: Milwaukee Bucks vs. Boston Celtics; Memphis Grizzlies vs. Golden State Warriors;
- NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC tripleheader on January 28 as part of NBA Rivals Week: Denver Nuggets vs. Philadelphia 76ers; New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets; Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics;
- NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC on February 11 – LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry – as Los Angeles Lakers square off with the Golden State Warriors;
- All NBA on ABC regular season games are fully exclusive.