• 2020-21 All-America Third Team selection by AP, USBWA and NABC.
• 2020-21 NCAA Midwest Regional All-Tournament Team pick.
• 2020-21 American Athletic Conference Player of the Year and unanimous All-AAC First Team honoree.
• Top-five finalist for the 2020-21 Jerry West Award, honoring the nation’s top shooting guard.
• One of 10 semifinalists for 2020-21 Naismith Player of the Year.
• Named MVP of the 2018 FIBA Americas U-18 Championship after leading USA to gold medal.
• Ranked third in the AAC in scoring (17.8 ppg).
• Led the AAC in three-point field percentage (40.2) and threes made per game (3.33).
• First Cougar to be named to an All-America team since the 1983-84 season.
• Selected as the Most Outstanding Player of the AAC Tournament.
• Scored 18 of his 21 points in the second half in a win vs. Cincinnati in the AAC championship game (March 14).
• Helped Houston to a 28-4 record and its first appearance in the NCAA Final Four since 1984.
• Quality shooter with a strong frame and solid feel.
• Has outstanding form and mechanics on his jumper.
• Plays with very good pace; knows how to get open.
• Solid vision and playmaking skills.
• 2019-20 AAC All-Academic Team selection.
• Father, Marshall, played college basketball at Santa Clara and Louisiana.
• Brother, Tyler Myers, has played 12 seasons in the NHL.
Grimes made an AAC-high 3.33 three-pointers per game in 2020-21, eighth most in NCAA Division I.
“I don’t think I’ve ever been more proud of a young man from where he started to where he is now. And it’s all driven by his work ethic. Before practice, during practice, after practice, year-round – I don’t think he ever goes two days where he’s not in the gym.”
-Houston head coach Kelvin Sampson, to The Sporting News
— Profile by NBA Communications