• One of only five NCAA Division I freshmen to finish the 2020-21 season with at least 250 points, 100 rebounds and 30 blocks.
• Was a five-star high school prospect in the 2021 recruiting class before reclassifying to begin his NCAA career a year early and join Auburn for 2020-21 season.
• Started all 27 games as a freshman at Auburn.
• Averaged 9.4 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.37 blocks in 23.3 minutes.
• Ranked eighth in the SEC in blocks per game.
• Scored in double figures in nine of the last 13 games.
• Registered five games with three or more blocks.
• Posted personal bests of five three-pointers and 24 points and a career-high-tying nine rebounds against Kentucky (Feb. 13).
• Recorded 15 points, nine rebounds, four blocks and three steals against Alabama (Jan. 9).
• Rare combination of size, length and quickness.
• Physical tools and instincts to be an elite defender.
• Can switch onto smaller players with ease.
• Shows flashes of range, handle and shot creation.
• Parents are from South Sudan.
• Born in Nebraska, grew up in Alaska and played high school basketball in West Virginia and Georgia.
• High school teammate of fellow 2021 NBA Draft prospects Jonathan Kuminga (NBA G League Ignite) and Joshua Primo (Alabama) at Huntington Prep in West Virginia.
• Likes to watch Kevin Durant and Giannis Antetokounmpo.
Against Kentucky on Feb. 13, Thor became the only freshman in the last decade to have at least 24 points and nine rebounds in a road game at Rupp Arena.
“He’s got some instincts. He’s got some feel. I tell you, he’s fun to coach. He’s a really good teammate. He’s willing to work.”
-Auburn head coach Bruce Pearl
— Profile by NBA Communications