Trip Continues With Another Game In Texas
After starting a three-game road trip with a win in Houston, the Trail Blazers stick around in the state of Texas to face the Dallas Mavericks in the first game of a back-to-back Friday night at American Airlines Arena. Tipoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
ALL TIME: Trail Blazers lead, 85-73
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 53-24
AT THE MAVERICKS: Mavericks lead, 49-32
LAST PORTLAND WIN: 121-119, 10/27/19 (Dallas)
LAST MAVERICKS WIN: 102-101, 2/10/19 (Dallas)
CURRENT WIN STREAK: Two (Portland)
• Friday’s game is the second of four meetings between the Trail Blazers and the Mavericks this season. Portland leads the season series, 1-0.
• LAST MEETING: The Trail Blazers beat the Mavericks in Dallas on Oct. 27, 121-119. CJ McCollum led the Trail Blazers with 35 points (13-26 FG, 1-4 3-PT, 8-8 FT) to go with six rebounds, four assists and two steals while Kristaps Porzingis paced the Mavericks with 32 points (11-23 FG, 3-10 3-PT, 7-10 FT), nine rebounds, five assists and two blocks.
• Portland has shot at least 45.0% from the field in nine of their last 10 games against the Mavericks. The Trail Blazers shot 51.7% from the field and 40.9% from the three-point line at Dallas on Oct. 27.
• Damian Lillard had 28 points (10-20 FG, 1-7 3-PT, 7-9 FT), three rebounds, five assists, one steal and one block at Dallas on Oct. 27. Lillard has scored at least 28 points in each of his last nine games against Dallas.
• Kent Bazemore scored 11 points (4-8 FG, 1-2 3-PT, 2-3 FT) and had five rebounds at Dallas on Oct. 27. He has scored in double figures in each of his last four matchups with the Mavericks, including tying his career-high of 32 points on Oct 24, 2018 with the Hawks.
• Luka Doncic recorded 29 points (8-22 FG, 2-11 3-PT, 11-14 FT), 12 rebounds, nine assists and three steals against the Trail Blazers on Oct. 27. Doncic has scored at least 20 point in each of his five career games against the Trail Blazers, averaging 25.0 points, 9.2 rebounds and 6.0 assists over those five games.
• Maxi Kleber had 14 points, six rebounds and two assists on Oct. 27. His 14 point outing was the highest total out of his seven career games against Portland.
• CONNECTION: Trail Blazers head coach Terry Stotts helped lead Dallas to the 2011 NBA Championship. He was a Mavericks assistant coach from 2008-12.
• CONNECTION: Dallas guard Seth Curry averaged 7.9 points while shooting 45.0% from the three-point line during his lone season in Portland in 2018-19.
Mario Hezonja (low back contusion) is probable. Rodney Hood (left ruptured Achilles tendon), Zach Collins (left shoulder dislocation), Skal Labissiere (left knee inflammation) and Jusuf Nurkic (left leg fracture) are out.
As for the Mavericks, Kristaps Porzingis (right knee soreness) is questionable while Ryan Broekhoff (left fibula fracture) and Isaiah Roby (G League) are out.
Friday's game can be seen locally on NBC Sports Northwest with Kevin Calabro, Lamar Hurd and Brooke Olzendam. It will also broadcast on ESPN. Travis Demers and Michael Holton will have the call on Rip City Radio 620 AM and on all of the stations on the Deschutes Brewery Trail Blazers Radio Network.