Trail Blazers Trying For First Win At Home Friday Versus Nets
It's been a bit of a rough start to the 2019-20 regular season for the Portland Trail Blazers (3-5). After having their home opener win streak ended, they're currently on a three-game losing streak after and have yet to win a game at home this season (not that they've had many opportunities). They'll look to end both inauspicious streaks by hosting the Brooklyn Nets (3-4) Friday night at the Moda Center. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
ALL TIME: Trail Blazers lead, 64-24
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 37-7
AT THE NETS: Trail Blazers lead, 27-17
LAST PORTLAND WIN: 148-144 (ot), 3/25/19 (Portland)
LAST NETS WIN: 101-97, 11/10/17 (Portland)
CURRENT WIN STREAK: Three (Portland)
• Friday’s game marks the first of two meetings between the Trail Blazers and the Nets during the 2019-20 season.
• LAST SEASON: Portland swept the season series against the Nets in 2018-19, 2-0.
• POINT OF ATTACK: Kyrie Irving (31.7 ppg) and Damian Lillard (30.0 ppg) rank second and third in the NBA in scoring. Irving is seventh in the NBA in assists per game (7.7) while Lillard ranks 10th (7.1).
• In two games against the Nets during the 2018-19 season, Damian Lillard averaged 22.0 points (29.4% FG, 24.0% 3-PT, 88.9% FT), 7.0 rebounds, 10.0 assists and 1.50 steals. Lillard has scored at least 31 points in two of his last three games against the Nets. In those three con- tests, he has averaged 26.0 points and 9.7 assists.
• CJ McCollum scored 21 points (9-19 FG, 1-6 3-PT, 2-2 FT) to go with six rebounds, five assists and two blocks in his lone game against the Nets last season. In his last six games against Brooklyn, McCollum has averaged 27.0 points, 4.2 rebounds and 5.0 assists.
• Hassan Whiteside averaged 17.5 points (45.1% FG, 53.8% FT), 16.5 rebounds, 1.50 steals and 2.00 blocks in two games against Brooklyn with the Heat last season. In 12 career games against the Nets, Whiteside has averaged 2.58 blocks.
• In two games against Portland with the Celtics during the 2018-19 season, Kyrie Irving averaged 26.0 points (46.5% FG, 29.4% 3-PT, 100% FT), 6.0 rebounds and 8.0 assists. Irving has shot 17-of-30 (56.7% 3-PT) from the three-point line in his last three games at Moda Center. He has averaged 35.3 points in those contests.
• In two games against the Trail Blazers last season, Caris LeVert averaged 14.0 points (47.4% FG, 50.0% 3-PT, 80.0% FT), 1.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.50 steals. LeVert has scored in double figures in three straight games against Portland.
• CONNECTION: Trail Blazers guard/forward Kent Bazemore and Nets forward Taurean Prince were teammates in Atlanta for three seasons from 2016-19.
• CONNECTION: Portland center Jusuf Nurkic and Brooklyn guard Dzanan Musa were teammates on the Bosnia and Herzegovina national team in the summer of 2017.
Power forward/center Zach Collin recently underwent surgery to repair the labrum in his left shoulder. He is out and will be re-evaluated some time in March 2020.
Jusuf Nurkic (left lower leg fracture) and Pau Gasol (left foot fracture) are also out.
For the Nets, DeAndre Jordan (left ankle sprain) is questionable while Wilson Chandler (league suspension) and Kevin Durant (right Achilles rehab) are out.
Friday's game will be shown locally on NBC Sports Northwest with Kevin Calabro, Lamar Hurd and Brooke Olzendam calling the action. Travis Demers and Michael Holton will have the call on Rip City Radio 620 AM and on all of the stations on the Trail Blazers Radio Network.