Blazers Host Thunder Sunday In Third Meeting This Season
The Portland Trail Blazers (9-14), after a demoralizing contest versus the Lakers on Friday that saw them lose not only the game, but starting forward Rodney Hood for the season to a ruptured Achilles tendon, return to the court Sunday night in their third meeting this season versus the Oklahoma City Thunder (9-12). Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m.
ALL TIME: Thunder lead, 120-118
IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 77-42
AT THE THUNDER: Thunder lead, 78-41
LAST PORTLAND WIN: 104-101, 11/27/19 (Oklahoma City)
LAST THUNDER WIN: 121-113, 3/7/19 (Portland)
CURRENT WIN STREAK: Two (Portland)
• Suunday’s game will be the third of four meetings between the Trail Blazers and the Thunder during the 2019-20 season. Portland leads the season series 2-0
• LAST MEETING: Portland defeated Oklahoma City, 136-119, on Nov. 27 in Portland. The Trail Blazers were led by Damian Lillard’s 27 points (7-15 FG, 5-9 3-PT, 8-8 FT), five rebounds and five assists, while the Thunder were led by Abdel Nader’s 23 points (7-9 FG, 3-4 3-PT, 6-6 FG), two rebounds and one assist.
• Damian Lillard has averaged 25.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 9.0 assists and 1.50 steals in two games against the Thunder this season. He has scored 20-plus points in 12 straight games against Oklahoma City. Lillard has made at least three three-pointers in four straight games against the Thunder.
• CJ McCollum finished with 22 points (8-16 FG, 4-7 3-PT, 2-2 FT), two rebounds and four assists against the Thunder on Nov. 27. He has scored at least 22 points in each of his last three games against Oklahoma City.
• Hassan Whiteside had 21 points (8-13 FG, 5-5 FT), 16 rebounds and one assist in 22 minutes against the Thunder on Nov. 27. He has recorded a double-double in both matchups with the Thunder this season.
• Chris Paul had 16 points (6-12 FG, 4-4 FT), two rebounds and five assists in 25 minutes against the Trail Blazers on Nov. 27. Paul has shot 50% from the fi eld in both games against Portland this season.
• In two games against the Trail Blazers this season, Dennis Schroder has averaged 13.5 points, 3.5 rebounds, 1.0 assist and 1.00 steal. He has scored in double figures in each of his last seven outings against the Trail Blazers.
• CONNECTION: Portland guard/forward Kent Bazemore and Thunder players Mike Muscala and Dennis Schroder were teammates in Atlanta from 2014-18.
• CONNECTION: Trail Blazers center Jusuf Nurkic and Oklahoma City forward Danilo Gallinari were teammates in Denver from 2014-17.
Gary Trent Jr. (right hamstring strain) is questionable while Rodney Hood (left ruptured Achilles tendon), Zach Collins (left shoulder dislocation) and Jusuf Nurkic (left leg fracture) are out for Sunday's game versus Oklahoma City.
As for the Thunder, Andre Roberson (left knee; injury recovery), Terrance Ferguson (right hip; soreness) and Hamidou Diallo (right elbow; hyperextension sprain) are out.
Sunday's game can be seen locally on NBC Sports Northwest with Kevin Calabro, Lamar Hurd and Brooke Olzendam. Travis Demers and Michael Holton will have the call on Rip City Radio 620 AM and on all of the stations on the Trail Blazers Radio Network.