2019-20 Season Highlights
• First among rookies with 18 games of 10+ points and seven-plus boards.
• Joins Bradley Beal and John Wall as the only three Wizards rookies in the last 25
seasons with five or more 20/5 games in their debut season.
• From Feb. 26-March 3, had four-straight 15+ point games for the second time in his career.
• The fifth rookie in team history to record a double-double (14 pts/10 reb) in his NBA debut and the second rookie to record a double-double on opening night in fewer than 25 minutes (Juwan Howard, 1994).
• In three NBA Summer League games, posted averages of 19.3 points and 7.0 rebounds
• Became the third international player Washington has selected in the first round
• The 2018-19 WCC Player of the Year
• Was named the Julius Erving Small Forward of the Year (2018-19)
• Became the first Japanese player ever drafted in the first round of the NBA
• Was the fifth Japanese-born player to play Division I men's college basketball
• Has 10 20-point games.
• Has 19 games with 15/5, second-highest among rookies.
• On 2/26 vs. BKN, became the ninth rookie in team history to pull down 200+ rebounds
through his first 35 games played.
• Scored 14 points with seven rebounds for Team World in the Rising Stars Challenge. • On 2/11 vs. CHI, recorded his first 20-point game since 12/5.
• Picked up his third double-double of the season on 2/9 vs. MEM. The first Wizards
rookie since 2012-13 with three or more double-doubles. • Missed 23 games (Dec. 18-Feb. 1) with a groin injury.
Led the Bulldogs to a 93-9 (.830) overall record, including a 14-3 (.824) mark in conference tournament and NCAA tournament play, over his three-year career with the Bulldogs... Appeared and started in 37 games for the Zags in 2018-19... Averaged 19.7 points and 6.5 rebounds per game while shooting .591 from the field and .417 from three-point range... Scored a season-high 33 points in the season opener versus Idaho State... Second on the team with 240 rebounds... Was third on the team with 1117 minutes on the season... Four double- doubles on the season (2018-19)...21 20-point games... Fourth on the team with 34 steals...Was named the WCC Player of the Year (2018-19)... As a sophomore appeared in all 37 games (two starts) for the Zags... Earned NABC Second Team All-District 9 honors (2017-18)... Ranked sixth in the WCC in rebounds and third in the WCC in scoring average (2018-19)... NBC Sports First Team All-American... Blue Book First Team All-American... Athlon Second Team All-American...CBS Sports Third Team All-American... ESPN Third Team All-American (2018-19).
First Japanese-born player to be selected in the first round of the NBA Draft... Burst onto the basketball scene in Japan due in large part to his breakout performance at the FIBA U17 World Championships in Dubai in August 2014... Averaged a tournament-best 22.1 points per game...Hachimura also led Meisei High School to a sec- ond straight winter All-Japan High School Tournament title, averaging 28.0 points in five games... Is only the fifth Japanese-born male to play NCAA Division I college basketball... Only Japanese player invited to play in the Jordan Brand Classic’s international game at the Barclays Center in 2015... Appeared in three games for Team Japan in the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup. averaging 13.3 points, 5.7 rebounds and 2.3 assists.