INDIANAPOLIS – The Indiana Pacers will wear their NBA Pride Hickory uniforms for 10 games this upcoming season, tipping off a season-long tribute to Indiana basketball as symbolized by the Academy Award–winning movie, Hoosiers.
The iconic Hickory uniforms will be worn during home games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse for six of the 10 scheduled games, beginning with a nationally televised (ESPN) matchup against the Miami Heat on Friday, Nov. 6.
To celebrate each of those "Hickory Nights", the Pacers will recognize individuals, teams and communities that have a significant place in Indiana basketball history.
ATTEND THE HICKORY NIGHTS: Single Game Tickets On Sale Now »
The scheduled Hickory Nights and honorees are:
- Nov. 6 vs. Miami – The City of Crawfordsville, birthplace of Indiana basketball and also home to the first Indiana High School Athletic Association state championship team.
- Dec. 23 vs. Sacramento – Jack Butcher, Loogootee, winningest head coach in Indiana high school basketball history.
- Jan. 26 vs. L.A. Clippers – George Daniel Crowe, Franklin, Indiana’s first Mr. Basketball award winner in 1939 and brother of legendary Indianapolis Crispus Attucks coach Ray Crowe.
- Feb. 24 vs. New York – Crispus Attucks High School, state champions of 1955, '56 and '59.
- March 15 vs. Boston – Milan High School 1954 State Champions, the team who inspired the movie Hoosiers.
- April 10 vs. Brooklyn – The eight champions of the 2016 IHSAA Girls and Boys State Championship teams.
The Pacers will also wear the Hickory uniforms for road games at Los Angeles Lakers, Nov. 29; at Chicago, Dec. 30; at Boston, Jan. 13; and at New York, April 3.
The Pacers will be offering a special "Hickory Ticket Package" for the six home games as well as group ticket offers to the communities being represented. Details will be announced soon.
"While the uniform is inspired by the film, Hoosiers, through the multi-year partnership with MGM, Hickory will serve as a platform to celebrate, recognize and honor those that have helped make our state synonymous with the game of basketball,” said Todd Taylor, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Pacers Sports & Entertainment. “We are excited to officially announce the game dates and honorees for the upcoming season and look forward to wearing the uniform as a collective celebration of basketball across the State of Indiana."