Have you ever wanted to perform on center court during a NBA game & make an impact in the community? Come and dance with us! Auditions for the Indiana Pacemates will take place starting July 6, 2023. Audition submissions will be accepted through midnight on Friday, June 30. Getting pre-registered is most efficient, but walk-up registrations will be accepted starting at 5:30pm on July 6 on the preliminary night of auditions. Please register HERE!
Audition begins: 6:00pm (Dancers should plan to stay throughout the evening.)
Candidates should be prepared to learn and demonstrate various dance styles including jazz, pom and hip-hop. Candidates may be asked to show turns, leaps and other individualized skills during the audition process.
Finalists will be chosen at the end of the preliminary night and will take part in Training Camp. All dates of Training Camp are MANDATORY!
Audition Schedule This year’s audition process will consist of the following:
*Audition submissions will be accepted through midnight on Friday, June 30. Getting pre-registered is most efficient, but walk-up registrations will be accepted (during registration) starting at 5:30pm on July 6 (preliminary round of auditions).
If selected as a finalist on July 6, attendance at the following are MANDATORY to continue to be considered for the team:
Tuesday, July 11- Candidate Interviews & Training Camp Candidate Interviews will be held at the Pacers Sports & Entertainment offices between the hours of 9:30am-2:00pm. Once selected as a finalist, a schedule will be set based on the candidates’ availability and timeslots available.
Training Camp will be held from 6:00-10:00pm that night at Gainbridge Fieldhouse.
Thursday, July 13- Training Camp Location: Gainbridge Fieldhouse Time: 6:00-10:00pm
Note: All finalists will be asked to perform a 30-second combination of their own choreography highlighting strengths and specialties at one of the above rehearsals. Music will need to be provided by the finalist but it does not need to be edited.
Monday, July 17- Audition Finals Location: Gainbridge Fieldhouse Time: 6:00pm
The team will be announced at the end of the night. Finals will be closed to the public.
Come and prepare with us! Attendees will learn a pro style routine and there will be a Q&A session with the coach of the Indiana Pacemates.
Sunday, June 11 (with IndyThrive) Register HERE Check-in: 12:30pm Workshop: 1:00-3:30pm Location: Studio 7 Talent Center (Directions) Cost: $25 (Limited space available, so register early!)
- Candidates must be 18 years of age by July 6, 2023.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must have reliable means of transportation, a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel around the Indianapolis area and beyond; to and from games, various rehearsal locations and appearances.
- No. Members of the Indiana Pacemates have included full-time students and individuals with full-time jobs. The Pacemates get paid for practice time, games and appearances.
- Traditionally, the Indiana Pacemates team has between 14-18 members each season.
- Dancers must be able to attend rehearsals twice a week. Rehearsals will typically be held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm-10pm. Most rehearsals are held at Gainbridge Fieldhouse, but some practices may be held at various locations within a 30-mile radius of downtown Indianapolis.
- If you are selected for the team, your commitment will begin shortly after the team is selected and continue until the selection of next year’s team.
- All dancers perform at every Pacers home game (preseason, regular and post-season included). Members are also asked to participate in appearances and various events on behalf of Pacers Sports & Entertainment throughout the contracted season.
- We ask that you provide references on the registration form. These references could be contacted at any time during the audition process.
- Candidates must be of good moral character.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to commit to the Indiana Pacemates’ schedule, which includes but is not limited to rehearsals, designated home games and community/charitable/corporate appearances for the entire contracted year.
- Previous dance training and experience in jazz, hip-hop and pom is helpful, but not required.
- For all workshops and auditions, please be prepared with the following: jazz shoes, tennis shoes (no black-soled tennis shoes will be allowed on the courts), snacks, water and lots of energy. To get an idea of what most wear during the audition process, please check us out on social media- @pacemates !
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.