Pacers Foundation Awards 15 Grants
Yearly Totals Exceed $400,000 to 57 Youth-Serving Organizations
INDIANAPOLIS – At its spring quarterly meeting, the Pacers Foundation board of directors awarded $62,000 in grants to 15 youth serving organizations in Indiana.
For the 2016-17 fiscal year, the Foundation now has provided grants to 56 organizations totaling more than $400,000 including ongoing multi-year commitments to the Indianapolis Parks Foundation, the Indianapolis Police Foundation, Boys & Girls Club of Indianapolis and Gleaners.
Recipients of grants at the spring meeting are:
- The Indianapolis Public Library Foundation Summer Reading Program.
- Good News Ministries Good News Summer Youth Program.
- Eskenazi Health Foundation Girls On the Run, from FeverCares funds specifically designated for scholarships for girls who otherwise would not be able to afford to compete.
- Christel House Academy, Jump Start summer school.
- College Mentors for Kids.
- AYS After School Program.
- Child Advocates.
- Little Wish Foundation.
- Outside the Box Camp Create U for children with developmental disabilities.
- St. Mary's Child Center Preschool Program.
- TeenWorks Summer Employment Program.
- Salvation Army Summer Camp.
- Indiana Golf Foundation First Tee Program.
- Shepherd Community Center Summer EXCEL Program.
- Dyslexia Institute of Indiana Camp Delafield.
"As always we are delighted that the Foundation can provide support to these organizations that provide much-needed programming and opportunities to our Hoosier youth," said Rick Fuson, Foundation Chairman and President and COO of Pacers Sports & Entertainment.
Primary funding sources for the Foundation are the annual Masquerade Ball presented in partnership with the Simon Youth Foundation; the Pacers Foundation charity golf outing at Brickyard Crossing Golf Resort; the donation from CNO Financial Services Inc. of $50 for every 3-point shot made by a Pacer during games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and the newly launched Pacers Foundation license plate available through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.