Pacers Announce "Decade Games" in Celebration of 50th Season
- The Pacers 50th Season Celebration will include six "Decade Games" celebrating each decade of the franchise's history for one game a month. Commemorative bobblehead giveaways, era-specific in-game entertainment, and unique fan engagement opportunities will surround each game. Learn more at Pacers.com/50.
- The Pacers will wear their Hickory uniforms for six home games this season and pay tribute to the rich tradition of basketball in the State of Indiana through special honorees and in-game entertainment.
- Single-game tickets go on sale Thursday, September 29 at 10:00 AM ET. Fans can sign up for VIP Presale Access at Pacers.com/Insider.
- Fan Jam presented by CNO Financial Group will take place in Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Sunday, October 23. The event is free and open to the public.
The Indiana Pacers announced additional plans today for a season-long celebration of their 50th season, highlighted by six Decade Games that will celebrate each decade of Pacers basketball. The Decade Games will be celebrated throughout the season during one home game per month along with a special 50th season tip-off celebration during Opening Night presented by Kroger on October 26.
Fans can learn more and sign up for VIP Presale Access by visiting Pacers.com/50.
Decade Games Schedule:
- November 12 vs. Boston Celtics – 1960s
- December 10 vs. Portland Trail Blazers – 1970s
- January 7 vs. New York Knicks – 1980s
- February 11 vs. Milwaukee Bucks – 1990s
- March 12 vs. Miami Heat – 2000s
- April 4 vs. Toronto Raptors – 2010s
All fans attending Opening Night presented by Kroger or any of the six Decade Games will receive a bobblehead doll featuring a Pacers star from the decade being celebrated. Along with the bobbleheads, Bankers Life Fieldhouse will transform for each Decade Game and include unforgettable halftime ceremonies featuring players, coaches, and staff who represented the Pacers during each decade. Each Decade Game will feature era-specific in-game entertainment, including videos, music, and other fun elements. Current Pacers players will join the celebration by donning official shooting shirts inspired by Pacers uniforms from each decade and their jerseys will feature a commemorative 50th Season patch for all games during the 2016-17 season.
In addition to the celebrations inside Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Pacers fans from across the country and around the world will be able to join in the season-long celebration through special interactive features on Pacers.com and Pacers social media channels. Fans will be able to vote for their favorite Pacers players, teams, and also share their favorite Pacers memories. Be sure to follow the Pacers on social media to learn more about upcoming 50th Season activities.
The Return of the Hickory Pacers
In addition to the Decade Games, the Pacers will once again wear their Hickory uniforms, made famous by the movie Hoosiers, for six home games during the 2016-17 season. As part of the NBA Pride Collection, the Hickory uniform is a tribute to the rich tradition of basketball in the State of Indiana and will serve as an inspiration to fans everywhere that no matter how improbable the challenge may be, amazing things can be accomplished through teamwork, determination, heart, and hustle. Similar to Hickory games last season, each Hickory game during 2016-17 will honor teams or individuals who have embodied the spirit of Hickory.
Bankers Life Fieldhouse will once again transform for each Hickory game to help showcase the spirit of Hickory in all elements of the fan experience. Follow the Pacers on your favorite social media channels to learn more.
- November 18 vs. Phoenix Suns
- December 22 vs. Boston Celtics
- January 27 vs. Sacramento Kings
- February 24 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- March 24 vs. Denver Nuggets
- April 6 vs. Milwaukee Bucks
Tickets On Sale for All Games on September 29
Starting at 10:00 am on Thursday, September 29, tickets for Pacers home games during the 2016-17 season will be available for purchase. Fans will have the opportunity to select from opponents such as the Golden State Warriors on November 21, Cleveland Cavaliers on November 16 and February 8 and also games celebrating each decade in Pacers history.
Fans wishing to receive VIP Presale Access on Wednesday, September 28 should register on Pacers.com/Insider by Tuesday, September 27 at 12:00 pm.
Upcoming Pacers Events
Be sure to see the new Pacers roster in-person for the first time on October 6 when the Pacers host the Chicago Bulls for the only preseason game to be played in Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
The annual Fan Jam presented by CNO Financial Group will take place in Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Sunday, October 23. The event is free and open to the public.