Indiana Pacers Pre-Draft Workouts: Miles Norris One-on-One Interview (June 2, 2023)
College: California-Santa Barbara
2022-23 Season Stats
Courtesy of California-Santa Barbara Athletics
UC Santa Barbara
- All-Big West Honorable Mention
- Played and started in all 28 games for the Gauchos in his 2nd season playing for UCSB
- Averaged 29.3 minutes, 10.3 points, and 5.6 rebounds
- Broke double digits in scoring in half of his games.
- Scored over 30 points twice this season (with a career high of 32), shooting a combined 24-29 from the field and 14-17 from three in those two games.
- Recorded 4 blocks against CSU Fullerton, a season high
• Miles Norris made an immediate impact during his first season with the Gauchos
• Was named a Big West All-Conference Honorable Mention
• Averaged 9.7 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 1.8 assists and played in all 27 games averaging 25.4 minutes
• Started in all but two games and contributed at least one field goal in every game
• Scored a career-high 27 points on Feb. 20 vs CSU Bakersfield where he shot 9-for-11 from the field and 4-for-5 from three
• Made 102 field goals on the season and scored in double figures 14 different games
• Led the team with 24 blocks
• Scored 19 points on 8-of-14 shooting with three triples in the Big West Championship game
City College of San Francisco
• Norris played his sophomore season at City College of San Francisco.
• Helped CCSF to a 30-0 record, a Coast Conference north title and the Northern California Community College championship in 2019-20.
• The Rams were ranked No. 1 in the California State Coaches poll for 20 consecutive weeks.
• CCSF had advanced to the State Tournament Elite 8 Before COVID-19 ended the run to a state title.
• Named California Community College Men's Basketball Coaches Association Player of the Year.
• Selected Coast Conference North Player of the Year.
• Averaged a team-leading 16.0 points, 6.1 rebounds, 1.4 blocked shots and 2.0 steals per game for the Rams.
• Scored a season-high 28 points and made 5-of-10 threes in a win over Skyline College.
• Had eight games of 20 or more points.
• Made 60 three-point baskets in his 28 games, shooting 41.4% from beyond the arc.
• Made 53.8% of his field goals overall.
• Hit a season-high six three-pointers in wins over Cañada College and Ohlone College.
• Made three or more threes nine times.
• Made CCSF's Dean's List.
• Norris played his freshman season at the University of Oregon.
• Saw action in 27 games for an Oregon team that won the Pac-12 Tournament title and advanced to the NCAA Tournament Sweet 16.
• Averaged 3.3 points and 1.9 rebounds per game in an average of 10.5 minutes.
• Shot 54.0% from the field overall.
• Made six three-point baskets for the Ducks.
• Scored a season-high 14 points and played a career-high 24 minutes in a Pac-12 Tournament win over Washington State.
• Norris also had a 10-point game during the regular season against the Pac-12 regular season champion University of Washington.
• Had one of his best all-around games when he went for seven points, five rebounds and three blocked shots vs. Oregon State.
• Norris played his final season of high school basketball at Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H.
• Helped Brewster claim the 2018 New England Prep School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) Class AAA regular season championship.
• Rated a four-star recruit with a scout grade of 87 by ESPN and he was ranked 78th in ESPN's top-100.
• Also ranked as the No. 73 player nationally and the 19th-best power forward by 247Sports.com.
• Ranked as the No. 3 power forward in the 2018 class of players from California and the West Region as a whole.
• Played his junior season at Helix High School in La Mesa, Calif.
• Averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds per game, helping Helix to a 31-win season and to the Division IV CIF State Championship Tournament game.
• Played his freshman and sophomore season at Mater Dei Catholic High School in Chula Vista, Calif.
• A two-time First Team All-Metro Mesa.
• Following his sophomore campaign, Norris was named All-CIF San Diego Section First Team after leading Mater Dei to a league title and CIF semifinals.
• Was a Scholar Athlete at Helix High School.
• A Cum Laude graduate of Brewster Academy.
• Miles Benjamin Norris was born April 15, 2000 in San Francisco.
• Parents are Christina and Frederick Norris.
• His mother, the former Christina Metzger, was a three-year letterwinner in women's basketball at Oregon (1982-84).
• Participated in the 2016 USA U17 World Championship team training camp.
• Has one brother, Marcus, and a sister, Anndria.
• Hopes to major in Black Studies.