NEW YORK — The National Basketball Association (NBA) and National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) today jointly announced that LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers secured the top spots on the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise lists for the second consecutive year. Results are based on NBAStore.com sales from October 2019 through December 2019.
The Milwaukee Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo ranked No. 2 on the player list followed by the Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry (No. 3), the Boston Celtics’ Jayson Tatum (No. 4) and the Houston Rockets’ James Harden (No. 5).
On the team merchandise list, the Lakers are followed by the Celtics (No. 2), Philadelphia 76ers (No. 3), Toronto Raptors (No. 4) and Bucks (No. 5).
- The Bucks’ Antetokounmpo (No. 2), the Celtics’ Tatum (No. 4) and the Dallas Mavericks’ Luka Dončić (No. 6) all earn their highest rankings to date.
- New Orleans Pelicans rookie Zion Williamson (No. 15) makes his debut on the most popular jerseys list.
- The Raptors crack the top five in team merchandise sales for the first time.
- The Brooklyn Nets rank in the top ten in team merchandise sales for the first time since 2014.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
3. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
4. Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
5. James Harden, Houston Rockets
6. Luka Dončić, Dallas Mavericks
7. Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers
8. Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers
9. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
10. Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets
11. Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
12. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
13. Russell Westbrook, Houston Rockets
14. Kemba Walker, Boston Celtics
15. Zion Williamson, New Orleans Pelicans
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Los Angeles Lakers
2. Boston Celtics
3. Philadelphia 76ers
4. Toronto Raptors
5. Milwaukee Bucks
6. Golden State Warriors
7. Houston Rockets
8. Chicago Bulls
9. Miami Heat
10. Brooklyn Nets