• 2020-21 All-Big Ten Honorable Mention selection.
• 2019-20 Big Ten Sixth Man of the Year.
• Scored a career-high 27 points against Alabama in the second round of the 2021 NCAA Tournament (March 22).
• Invited to participate in the 2021 NBA Draft Combine based on his performance at the 2021 NBA G League Elite Camp.
• Made the second-most three-pointers by a freshman in Maryland history (62), behind Kevin Huerter (65).
• Averaged career highs of 14.5 points, 5.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists in a team-high 33.0 minutes.
• Ranked second among Big Ten guards with five double-doubles.
• Scoring average nearly doubled from December (9.4 ppg) to March (18.7 ppg).
• Averaged 17.9 points and 6.6 rebounds and shot 50.6% from the field and 40.8% from three-point range in his final 12 games.
• Made four three-pointers and scored 14 points against UConn in the first round of the NCAA Tournament (March 20).
• Athletic wing with a solid feel for the game.
• Plays within the flow of the game.
• Capable shooter from distance.
• Can create separation off the dribble.
• Loved to watch Kobe Bryant play.
• Piano and trombone player who played in his church band in high school.
• Acted in plays in high school.
• Practiced jazz, tap, ballet and hip-hop dance as a youth.
Wiggins made 172 3-pointers at Maryland, the 12th most in school history
“I think I’ve shown teams I’m capable of doing a lot they haven’t seen before. The feedback I’ve gotten, it seems like they’ve been surprised and almost caught off guard with some of the things I’ve shown. So I feel confident in my play and, throughout this entire process, with how I’ve presented myself.”
-Wiggins, on the pre-draft process
— Profile by NBA Communications