The reigning NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers will tip off the 2016-17 season with their FREE annual Wine & Gold Scrimmage presented by FirstEnergy on Sunday, October 2nd at 3:30 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena. . The intrasquad scrimmage will be the first opportunity for fans to see the Cavs players take the court again at The Q since the conclusion of the historic 2016 NBA Finals.
Fans 17 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Seating will be general admission and there is a limit of six (6) tickets per transaction. Doors to the arena will open at 2:30 p.m., one hour prior to tipoff.
In addition to getting a first look at this year’s squad, fans will be treated to a sample of the Cavs award-winning game presentation, featuring lights-out player introductions and Humongotron flames, performances from the Cavalier Girls dance team, Scream Team hip-hop troupe, the always-entertaining antics from mascots Moondog and Sir C.C, and more!
View six-game exhibition schedule.
Cavs.com's snapshot at the preseason matchups.
View all 82 games.
Add to your calendar.
Get the printable schedule.
- Fans can purchase $1 popcorn, $2 soda and $3 beer at FanFare locations.
- “Express Yourself” face painting, hair painting, temporary tattoos and sign making stations will be available to help fans proudly display their Cavs game day spirit.
- The Cavaliers Team Shop at The Q will feature an assortment of $10 t-shirts to help fans get geared up for preseason basketball!
- Keeping with the popular tradition of past Wine & Gold Scrimmages, immediately following the game, Cavs players will give the game-worn practice jerseys off their backs to lucky fans chosen at random.
- A Postgame “Halfcourt Heave” presented by Ohio CAT will provide two preselected active military representatives the opportunity to team up with a Cavs player to make a halfcourt shot to win a valuable prize pack courtesy of Ohio CAT.
CAVS.COM LIVE STREAM
The Cavs will stream the Wine & Gold Scrimmage LIVE on Cavs.com/live to give fans across the globe a chance to check out the Cavs before they tip off the 2016-17 preseason. Fans can also keep up on all the Wine & Gold Scrimmage action by following the Cavaliers on Twitter (@Cavs), Instagram (@Cavs), Facebook (Facebook.com/Cavs) and Snapchat (Cavs).