(Nov. 13) -- We’re still in the first quarter of the season and have already witnessed a large amount of high-flying jams. The rate continued to soar when recent Slam Dunk champions Zach LaVine and Donovan Mitchell took flight.
* * *
1. Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz | Nov. 7 vs. Mavs
We saw Donovan Mitchell take flight in the throwback Jazz threads during last year's Slam Dunk competition. He's now donning the fresh uniform in live action and making actual defenders his props.
3. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans | Oct. 26 vs. Nets
A small pump-fake left Jared Dudley in the dust, which set up a dunk that left Jarrett Allen on a poster. Every angle of this jam is unbelievable.
4. Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers | Nov. 3 vs. Celtics
For anyone searching for clarity, Victor Oladipo’s first All-Star season wasn’t a one-off or fluke. In fact, it’s time he’s mentioned when discussing the most clutch scorers in the game.
5. Derrick Jones Jr., Miami Heat | Oct. 20 vs. Hornets
By now, everyone knows about “Airplane Mode,” which is why defenders are opting for the “Do Not Disturb” setting instead. Cody Zeller had an open opportunity to jump and contest the dunk by Derrick Jones Jr., but wisely shifted his body from the runway.
6. Kawhi Leonard, Toronto Raptors | Oct. 24 vs. Timberwolves
'The Claw' is showcasing incomparable defensive skills at this point. A no-look steal has been introduced to the game, and he's even got other teammates doing it, too.
7. Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls | Nov. 10 vs. Cavs
In the words of NBA.com’s Beau Estes, “Zach LaVine is on his trampoline.” 360 style.
8. Jonas Jerebko, Golden State Warriors | Oct. 19 vs. Jazz
Talk about sweet revenge.
9. C.J. McCollum, Portland Trail Blazers | Nov. 6 vs. Bucks
"Rookie Rollerblading with Donte DiVincenzo" -- a C.J. McCollum production.
10. Cody Zeller, Charlotte Hornets | Oct. 19 vs. Magic
As seen at No. 4 on this countdown, Zeller can spot a potential poster. You’d think that as the best Slam Dunk Contest runner-up of all-time, Aaron Gordon would have the same astuteness.