Kevin Garnett’s Jersey Tops Bestseller List
Posted Jun 13 2008 2:55PM
NEW YORK, June 13, 2008 – The Boston Celtics and the team's All-Star forward Kevin Garnett lead the lists of the NBA's Most Popular Jerseys and Team Merchandise for the 2007-08 season based on combined sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com.
The Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant ends the season at No. 2 and the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James moves up one spot to No. 3. The Denver Nuggets’ Allen Iverson holds the No. 4 spot, followed by the New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Paul who makes his debut in the Top 5.
The NBA Store and NBAStore.com each had its best sales year during the 2007-08 season. Sales at NBAStore.com were up 29 percent versus last year, while sales at the NBA Store were up 17 percent. Sales highlights for the year include:
· NBAStore.com had its best month ever in the history of the site in December 2007.
· The Los Angeles Lakers 2008 Western Conference Championship Locker Room tee shirt and hat set an all-time sales record for Conference Championship units sold on NBAStore.com.
· Bryant’s MVP tee shirt was the highest selling MVP tee shirt in history.
· NBA Playoffs and The Finals merchandise saw a sales increase of over 100 percent over last year.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys:
1. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
Top 10 Most Popular Team Merchandise:
1. Boston Celtics
This season marks the second with adidas as the official on-court uniform and apparel provider for the NBA.