What 2 Watch 4 - Trail Blazers Vs. Suns
November 27, 2013
LaMarcus Aldridge vs. Markieff Morris
LaMarcus Aldridge always seems to play better when he's angry. Though he is generally mild-mannered, some players just know how to push his buttons. But as we saw Saturday night in Oakland, an angry Aldridge is a motivated Aldridge, which is bad news if you happen to be lining up across from him.
Enter Suns forward Markieff Morris, who seems to bring out the nasty in Aldridge. Both players got into it with each other in the preseason game at the Moda Center back on Oct. 9 and were assessed technical fouls for their behavior. Morris would miss the season opener in Phoenix thanks to a one-game suspension for elbowing Thunder forward Serge Ibaka in the face during a preseason game, so Wednesday night's game will be just the second time Aldridge and Morris face off this season.
Both players have won Western Conference Player of the Week awards this season, though Morris has cooled considerably since his fast start, while Aldridge continues to put up career numbers. And while Channing Frye will likely get the start at power forward for the Suns Wednesday night, it's Morris' matchup against Aldridge that is the more intriguing showdown.
• Ranks ninth in the NBA in double doubles with 7
• Won Western Conference Player of the Week honors with averages of 22.5 points (tied-fourth in the conference), 10.5 rebounds and 1.75 blocks (10th in the conference)
• Became the first player to log log 30 points, 21 rebounds, three steals and three blocked shots in a game since San Antonio's David Robinson on Feb. 27, 1992.
• Averaging 11.9 points, 6.0 rebounds1.6 assists and 1.2 blocks in 13 games this season
• Named Western Conference Player of the Week for the week of Nov. 4 -10
• Scored a career-high 28 points and had 10 rebounds for his sixth double double of his career against the Nuggets on Nov. 8