For the fourth year in a row, the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors will meet in the NBA Finals.
The Cavs and Warriors made history last year, when they became the first two teams to meet in The Finals for three consecutive seasons.
The Cavs and Warriors are now the fourth and fifth franchises to reach four straight NBA Finals, joining the Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat.
|4||2015-2018||Golden State Warriors|
|4||1982-1985||Los Angeles Lakers|
Never before in any of North America’s four major team sports have the same two teams met to decide the championship four times in a row. The previous trilogies, in addition Cavs-Warriors, are as follows:
• In MLB, the New York Giants and New York Yankees met in the World Series in 1921, '22 and '23.
• In the NFL's pre-Super Bowl era, the Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns clashed in 1952, '53 and '54.
• In the NHL, the Montreal Canadiens and Detriot Red Wings faced off in 1954, ’55 and ’56.
The defending champion Warriors will attempt to win their third championship in four seasons, while the Cavs will try to win their second title in three seasons.
Both teams enter The Finals with injury concerns. Cleveland's Kevin Love remains in concussion protocol and will need to complete a series of tests before he's cleared to return, while Golden State's Andre Iguodala missed the past four games because of a bone bruise in his leg.
The Warriors swept the two regular-season meetings with the Cavs, winning by seven at home on Christmas Day (without Curry) and prevailing by 10 in Cleveland three weeks later.
Game 1 will be hosted by the Warriors at Oracle Arena on Thursday night.
Game 1: Thu, May 31: Cavaliers at Warriors, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
Game 2: Sun, June 3: Cavaliers at Warriors, 8 p.m. ET, ABC/R
Game 3: Wed, June 6: Warriors at Cavaliers, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
Game 4: Fri, June 8: Warriors at Cavaliers, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
* Game 5: Mon, June 11: Cavaliers at Warriors, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
* Game 6: Thu, June 14: Warriors at Cavaliers, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
* Game 7: Sun, June 17: Cavaliers at Warriors, 8 p.m. ET, ABC/R
* - If Necessary
R – ESPN Radio