DA's Morning Tip
DA's Top 15 Rankings: Toronto Raptors ride DeMar DeRozan wave into Top 5
(Last week’s record in parenthesis; last week’s ranking in brackets)
1) Golden State (3-0) : Steph Curry’s 45 against the Clippers Saturday was the 28th 40+ point game of his career.
2) Boston (3-0) : Timely break in the schedule for Al Horford (knee) — the Cs only have one game in the next 10 days; the London game Thursday against the 76ers.
3) Toronto (3-0) : Maybe the best stretch of DeMar DeRozan’s career.
5) Minnesota (2-2) : No to these unis. No. No. I mean, dear God, no.
6) Cleveland (2-1) : Forget the loss to the Celtics — Isaiah Thomas’s return, seemingly back to his old self, was the only thing that mattered last week.
7) Houston (1-2) : Rockets’ slide has brought the Spurs within striking distance of that crucial number two spot in the West — just two back now in the loss column.
8) Milwaukee (2-2) : Jason Kidd puts Malcolm Brogdon back into the starting lineup, alongside Eric Bledsoe.
9) Washington (2-1) : Mike Scott (.578 FG, .430 3-point shooting, .653 eFG, .661 TSP) continuing insanely efficient offensive season.
10) Detroit (1-2) : Good to see vet guard Dwight Buycks, up on his two-way with all the Pistons’ backcourt injuries, helping out (16 points) in Detroit’s win Saturday over Houston.
11) Oklahoma City (2-1) : Little noted in Thunder’s season: Jerami Grant has gotten much stronger, and contributing at both ends off the bench.
12) Denver (2-1) : Time for the Nuggets to make their move: After Monday’s game at Golden State, 11 of their next 14 are at home.
13) Portland (3-1) : Tough road trip this week: at OKC, at Houston, at New Orleans, at Minnesota.
14) Miami (3-0) : Heat hoisting: Miami’s 3-point rate of .384 this season is fourth-highest in the NBA, up from .314 (14th) last season.
15) New Orleans (1-1) : The very model of up and down, the Pels haven’t had a winning streak or a losing streak of more than three games all season.
* * *
The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting.