D'Angelo Russell, Damian Lillard both score 50-plus points
This marks just the third time in the last 20 years that two players scored 50 or more on the same day
From NBA.com Staff
Friday night in the NBA had a bit of everything.
Take for instance, the performances of D’Angelo Russell (52 points) and Damian Lillard (60 points; 19-33 FGs, 7-16 3Ps, 15-15 FTs).
> This is just the second time in NBA history that two players scored 50 or more on the same day in losing efforts.
Previously: April 9, 1978 – David Thompson (73 at Detroit) and George Gervin (63 at Utah)
> This is the first time two players have scored 60 or more and 50 or more respectively on the same day in more than 25 years.
Previously: Jan. 16, 1993 – Michael Jordan (64) and David Robinson (52)
> This is just the third time over the last 20 seasons that two players scored 50 or more on the same day:
- Feb. 21, 2003 | Tracy McGrady (Orlando) and Jamal Mashburn (New Orleans)
- Dec. 23, 2005 | Allen Iverson (Philadelphia) and Vince Carter (New Jersey)
- Nov. 8, 2019 | D’Angelo Russell (Golden State) and Damian Lillard (Portland)
> Lillard’s 60 points set a new career high, eclipsed the Trail Blazers franchise record and elevates him alongside Devin Booker, James Harden, LeBron James, Klay Thompson and Kemba Walker as the only active players with 60-point games.
> Lillard became just the fourth player in the last 30 years to score 60 or more in a loss:
- Damian Lillard | Nov. 8, 2019 | 60 vs. Brooklyn
- Kemba Walker | Nov. 17, 2018 | 60 vs. Philadelphia
- Devin Booker | March 24, 2017 | 70 vs. Boston
- Michael Jordan | Jan. 16, 1993 | 64 vs. Orlando