“Inside The NBA” analyst and Hall of Famer Charles Barkley says he has tested negative for the coronavirus.
Barkley, who is a fixture on the TNT show, said on a March 12 edition of the show that he was feeling under the weather and had been tested for COVID-19. He was sitting out a 48-hour quarantine advised by his doctors after seeking treatment for flu-like symptoms.
In a statement released by Turner Sports on behalf of Barkley today, the former MVP winner said: “I’ve received my COVID-19 test results this morning & they are negative. I’d like to thank everyone for reaching out and expressing your concern and support. You all be safe and please take the necessary actions to help ensure your well-being.”
Turner Sports statement on behalf of Charles Barkley: pic.twitter.com/zAaVr7Nt1R
— TurnerSportsPR (@TurnerSportsPR) March 23, 2020
Barkley shared with viewers on March 12 that he was awaiting test results for the virus that leads to COVID-19, the pandemic that has seized the world’s attention, rocked the U.S. economy and sparked cancellations across the sports, entertainment and business landscape.
“I haven’t been feeling great,” Barkley said then. “I’m just kind of in limbo right now. I’m really hoping it was just a bug.”