Game 1 Final Score: Suns 118, Bucks 105 | Series coverage
The Lede: The Bucks had Chris Paul right where they wanted him … for one quarter, at least. After going scoreless in the first quarter, the future Hall of Fame point guard pushed the turbo button, going off for 32 points over the next three quarters, powering the Suns to an impressive 118-105 victory over Milwaukee in The Finals opener. But Paul didn’t do it all himself, getting big help from Devin Booker (27 points) and Deandre Ayton (22 points, 19 rebounds). Giannis Antetokounmpo, meanwhile, returned to action after missing the last 3 games of the East finals, scoring 20 points and snatching 17 rebounds.
Game 1 Coverage:
• Video Recap
• Game 1 Recap & Box Score
• Video Box Score | Shotcharts
• Game 1 Mini-Movie
• Best of Phantom Cam: Game 1
• 24 Thoughts on Game 1
• Aschburner: 5 things we learned from Game 1
• Inside the Box Score: Deep stats from Game 1
• Film Study: Suns attack Lopez early and often
• Finals MVP Ladder: Paul maintains top spot
The Bucks may need to change up how Jrue Holiday is utilized on defense if they hope to tie up The Finals.
• Shaq’s advice to Giannis: ‘You have to take it to that next level’
• What adjustments do Bucks need to make for Game 2?
• How can Milwaukee turn things around in Game 2 against Suns?
• First impressions on Suns’ Game 1 victory
• Finals Film Room: Giannis’ impact in Game 1
• Finals Film Room: Bucks defending the pick-and-roll
Top Plays & Highlights
Giannis Antetokounmpo returns for Milwaukee, but it wasn't enough as Phoenix takes Game 1 of The 2021 NBA Finals.
• Ultimate Highlight: Suns shine bright to take Game 1
• Full Focus: Paul sparks Suns in second half
• Top 5 Plays from Game 1
• The Fast Break
• Nightly Notable: Devin Booker
• Play of the Day: Giannis Antetokounmpo
• Must-See: Giannis with ridiculous chasedown block
• Must-See: Paul shows off slick handles, blows past Portis
• Chris Paul delivers 32 points in Finals’ debut
• Ayton turns in monster double-double: 22 points, 19 rebounds
Postgame News Conferences & Interviews
After the Suns won Game 1 of The FInals, Devin Booker reflects on his long road to playoff success in Phoenix.
• Booker: ‘I wouldn’t want the journey to be any other’
• Chris Paul: ‘We’ve been building (trust) all season long’
• Giannis: ‘My knee was stable … did not feel pain’
• Williams on relationship with CP3: ‘There’s a trust there’
• Bridges: ‘I’m just trying to help my team win’