Postgame Notes: Lakers 114 at Magic 103 (04/26/21)
Lakers overcome a tough 2nd quarter and clamp down in the second half to win 114-103 over the Magic.
- Lakers sweep the season series against the Magic. li>
- Anthony Davis had 18 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks. Rhythm improved and he shot 8-15. li>
- Dennis Schröder scored 21 and added 10 assists. He also led the team in plus/minus with a +23. He had 24 points and 6 assists in the first meeting with the Magic this season. li>
- Montrezl Harrell scored 18 points on 7-10 shooting, grabbed 5 rebounds and also had 3 steals. li>
- Andre Drummond had 13 points on 6-8 shooting and added 11 rebounds. li>
- Kyle Kuzma had 14 points with 4 3PM and also had 7 rebounds. li>
- Alex Caruso left the game in the 3rd quarter with back spasms and did not return. Caruso ended his night with 7 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists in 14 minutes of action. li>
- Lakers shoot 11-31 from 3. Kyle Kuzma was 4-6. li>
- Lakers do work down low. They lead in rebounds 53-36, 2nd chance points 19-6, and points in the paint 56-40. li>
- Lakers allow 40 points in the 2nd quarter, but hold the Magic to 63 in the rest of the game. li>
- 1st Quarter: Anthony Davis with a strong start to the game, going 3-3 from the field, as the Lakers open a 16-9 lead. Lakers clamp down on defense for the quarter and at the end of the 1st lead 28-16. Lakers shooting 55% overall and 43% from 3, while the Magic shoot 27% overall and 29% from 3. Lakers lead on the boards, 16-10, and have only 1 turnover in the quarter.
- 2nd Quarter: The Magic start the quarter shooting 6-7 and cut the lead to 38-31. A pair of Lakers turnovers help continue the run by the Magic, who take the lead at 41-42. Lakers shooting 6-14 in the quarter with the Magic up to 10-11. Lakers trail 50-56 at the half as the Magic score 40 in the quarter. Magic have 14 FTA in the game. Lakers had 7 turnovers in the quarter. Both teams shooting 49% overall.
- 3rd Quarter: Lakers tie the game 63-63. Magic shooting 40% thus far in the quarter, to 46% for the Lakers. Lakers close the quarter trailing 79-80. Montrezl Harrell with 9 points in the quarter. Lakers shot 1-8 from 3 in the 3rd, but only had 2 turnovers in the quarter.
- 4th Quarter: Ben McLemore hits a pair of 3's to fuel the offense to start the quarter. Lakers lead 95-91. Schröder has a mini run in the middle of the quarter, getting 7 points as the Lakers lead 102-96. Dennis continues his scoring and the Lakers hold their lead to win 114-103. Lakers shoot 74% in the 4th to 44% for the Magic.
- Starters: Anthony Davis, Andre Drummond, Kyle Kuzma, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Dennis Schröder.
- LeBron James and Jared Dudley were not available to play.
Lakers won 96-93 on 3/28/21 - Game Coverage
Recent Stories on Lakers.com