The Los Angeles Lakers and Pechanga Resort & Casino have joined forces to create the “Hoops for Troops” program. The Hoops for Troops program tipped off with the opportunity for 50 U.S. Armed Forces servicemen and women to receive tips from Lakers Player Development Coaches on shooting, dribbling and other skills before the games at Citizens Bank Arena in Ontario on Oct. 8, at Valley View Casino Center in San Diego on Oct. 17 and at the Honda Center in Anaheim on October 22. With their families able to watch the clinics from the stadium stands, military members in the one-hour clinics received free t-shirts, tickets to that night’s game, and positive memories to last a lifetime.
The “Hoops for Troops” program will continue throughout the season and will be highlighted at the Veterans Celebration game on November 15th, 2015 when the Lakers take on the Detroit Pistons at STAPLES Center.
Hoops for Troops Game Elements
- Honoring Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos and Anthony Sadler, the three Americans who heroically stopped a terrorist attack in August on a train in France, during the 1st Quarter break.
- Honorary Team Captain and Game Ball Delivery from two Veterans from US Vets of Inglewood and New Directions for Veterans Inc.
- Halftime presentation honoring two distinguished Veterans.
- Giveaway items: Lakers Camo Hat and Hoops for Troops Rally Towel from Pechanga Resort & Casino.
- Sections 323 and 324 tickets donated to Los Angeles area Veterans and Military organizations.
- Lakers Season Seat Holders have the opportunity to donate their tickets to Veterans from the organization New Direction for Veterans Inc.
- The Lakers Youth Foundation In-Arena Auction will donate it’s proceeds to the “Stand Down” project from US Vets. Pechanga Resort & Casino will be matching the donation.
Thank you to all those who have served and continue to serve, we salute you!