About Terance Mann
Terance Mann is an athletic, versatile wing who flashed the ability to do a little bit of everything at the college level playing with infectious energy. Widely regarded as a top-100 prospect coming out of Tilton School in 2015, Mann carved out a small rotation role as a freshman at Florida State that grew steadily over his four-year college career. Averaging 11.4 points, 6.5 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game as a senior, the Brooklyn native helped guide Leonard Hamilton’s Seminoles to a second consecutive Sweet Sixteen appearance. Earning All-ACC Honorable Mention honors for his efforts, Mann subsequently showed his versatility at each of the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament, G-League Elite Camp, and NBA Draft Combine. Mother, Daynia La-Force, has over a decade of Division I women’s basketball head coaching experience.
Possesses good size for a wing measured at 6’6.5 in shoes with an average 6’7.75 wingspan and a wiry strong 205-pound frame at the Combine. Plays a bit bigger than that thanks to his impressive combination of quickness, explosiveness, and energy level.
Played both on and off the ball for a senior-heavy Florida State team that did not rely on any one player to carry a heavy load offensively. Showed subtle improvement as a spot up jump shooter but did much of his damage attacking the rim or filling lanes in transition to score. Does some little things offensively as well moving the ball unselfishly and selling out regularly to make hustle plays.
Energetic defender with good toughness who showed well in the Seminoles’ aggressive full-court press. Competitive, quick, and physical enough to guard a variety of personnel. Not shy about mixing things up inside on the glass.
Allowed 0.625 points per Isolation possession[73rd percentile] and 0.500 points per Post Up possession[94th percentile] flashing intriguing versatility guarding multiple positions in limited possessions.
- Two-time All-ACC Honorable Mention selection.
- 2018 All-West Region Team selection after helping Florida State reach the Elite Eight.
- Ranks eighth in FSU history for starts (101), 14th in rebounds (710), 15th in shooting percentage (55.2), 19th in field goals (505) and 20th in points (1,322).
- Averaged 4.6 points, 6.3 rebounds and 4.3 assists in three games at the 2019 Portsmouth Invitational Tournament.
- Led FSU in rebounds (6.5 rpg), minutes (31.7 mpg) and three-point percentage (39.0).
- Finished second on the team in scoring (11.4 ppg) and assists (2.5 apg).
- Named All-ACC Honorable Mention as well as All-ACC Tournament Second Team.
- Ranked seventh in the league in free throw percentage (79.0).
- Helped FSU advance to the Sweet 16 for the second straight season.
- Has good size, strength and playmaking ability.
- Plays within the team concept.
- Unselfish and makes smart decisions.
- Active and versatile defender.
- Graduated in May with a degree in Social Sciences.
- Mother, Daynia La-Force, was the women’s basketball coach at Rhode Island until March 2019 and enjoyed a standout playing career at Georgetown.
- Favorite TV show is The Following.