DRAFT TRADE: Traded to New Orleans Pelicans
About Marcos Louzada Silva
Marcos Louzada Silva is probably one of the most intriguing Brazilian prospects in the last few years. He is an athletic shooting guard with impressive driving skills and outside shot. The Brazilian native significantly increased his stats and playing time over the last two seasons with Sesi/Franca in Brazil. Silva made his debut for Sesi/Franca in NBB- the highest ranked basketball division in Brazil, in February 2017, playing less than two minutes in a win over Pinheiros. In January 2019, he recorded a career-high 27 points and six rebounds in a 100–70 victory over Nicaraguan club Real Estelí in the FIBA Americas League.
- Possesses average size and length for a shooting guard, measured 6'5.5 in shoes to go along with a 6'6.75 wingspan and a 8'5 standing reach at the 2019 Nike Hoop Summit. An extremely capable athletic driver, finishing often above the rim and through contact.
- Played a major role in Sesi/Franca’s line up this season. Mainly scoring his points driving down the basket using his body and athleticism or shooting from outside, shooting an impressive 42.7% from the 3-point line during the season. Proved to be an outstanding catch & shoot player, finding his shooting spots on the court well. Has room to improve his game off of the dribble, in pick-and-roll plays and coming off screens. Needs to add some mid-range game to his repertoire as well.
- Possesses a sense of timing and position for rebounding. Has room to improve his overall performance on the defensive end of the court, having 0.67 steals per game in 48 games with Sesi/Franca this season. Needs to improve his frame as well, adding some weight and strength to his body.
- In 2014 played for the Brazilian National Team at the FIBA South America Under-15 Championship in Venezuela, averaged 4.2 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists, helping Brazil to winning the gold medal over Argentina.
- Had been a member of the Brazilian National Team at the 2015 Americas U-16 Championship (6.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg and 1.0 spg).
- Was a member of the Brazilian National Team at the Americas World Cup Qualifiers for the 2019 World Cup, played 5 games, in 13:45 minutes per game he averaged 5.4 points, 1.8 rebounds and 1.0 assists.
- Participated in the Nike Hoop Summit this year, recorded five points and six assists in 23:47 minutes.
- In September 2018 he made his debut for the Brazilian men’s national team, playing less than a minute in an 85–77 loss to Canada.
- On 21 February 2019 he scored 15 points in a 104–80 win over the Virgin Islands, helping Brazil qualify for the 2019 FIBA World Cup.
- In the recent season played with Sesi/Franca in 3 different leagues – NBB, Liga Sudamericana and Liga Americas, averaged a combined 10.58 points, 2.81 rebounds and 1.0 assist in 48 games.
- In those 48 games the Brazilian native played as a starter in 13.
- Explosive finisher
- Very good catch & shoot player
- Very good 3-point shooter
- First sport he played was futsal, an indoor version of soccer with five players on the court per team
- His nickname is Didi and it appears on his jersey