About Goga Bitadze
Goga Bitadze is a skilled center prospect who played extremely well in his first stint in the EuroLeague this season. The Sagarejo native emerged as a prospect seeing minutes in the VTB United League with Vita Tbilisi in his native Georgia as a 16-year-old back in 2015 before signing with Mega Bemax mid-season. A steady double-double threat at the junior level, Bitadze saw minutes on loan with non-Adriatic League Serbian club Smedervo during the 2016/17 season before seeing significant minutes for Mega Bemax’s senior team last season averaging 15.9 points and 6.7 rebounds per game in the Serbian League. Splitting time between Mega Bemax and Montenegrin club Buducnost VOLI this season, Bitadze emerged as a force in the Adriatic League early on before averaging 12.1 points and 6.4 rebounds per game in the EuroLeague with Buducnost to earn EuroLeague Rising Star honors. He returned to Mega Bemax to finish the Serbian Super League schedule.
- Possesses very good size and length for a center standing 6’11.25 in shoes with a 7’1.75 wingspan and an improved frame that he has shed a considerable amount of weight from over the last couple years. Capable athlete with solid feet who is more coordinated and mobile than explosive.
- Played a key role across both teams he played for this season. Did a large portion of his scoring rolling to the rim and staying active presenting a big target inside, but also showed improvement in the post and as a jump shooter on the perimeter.
- Improved shot blocker whose motor has become more consistent. Still struggles with fouls at times and is much more comfortable inside than on the perimeter. Capable area rebounder who could be more assertive on the glass.
- Faced a lot of isolations with teams looking to force him to guard on the periemter. Held his own inside allowing 0.846 points per Post Up possession[53rd percentile]
- Selected 2018-19 Adriatic League MVP and Best Young Player.
- Named All-Tournament Team at the 2017 adidas Next Generation Tournament (17.8 ppg, 10.0 rpg).
- With Georgia’s National Team, appeared in 10 games in the European qualifiers for the 2019 World Cup (11.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg).
- Participated in Basketball Without Borders Europe in Finland in 2016.
- Signed with Buducnost in December and appeared in 13 games in the prestigious EuroLeague.
- In those 13 games, averaged 12.1 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.3 blocks at 19 years old.
- Voted Rising Star winner by EuroLeague coaches.
- Started the season with the Serbian club Mega.
- Has good mobility and balance for his size.
- Likes to bang in the post
- Has improved his shooting range
- Has “stretch” and “pick-and-pop” potential.
- Started playing basketball when he was 6.
- Fellow Georgia native Zaza Pachulia is his basketball idol.