About Cam Reddish
Cam Reddish is a tall, smooth swingman who flashed intriguing potential as a versatile shot maker in spurts playing alongside Zion Williamson and RJ Barrett at Duke. A consensus top-3 prospect in the high school class of 2018 out of Westtown School, Reddish emerged as a top prospect early in his prep career playing a considerable amount of point-forward and averaging 10.7 points and 3.1 assists per game playing up at the 2017 FIBA U19 World Championship. A member of Duke’s historic four-man 2018 recruiting class, the Norristown, Pennsylvania native settled into a role off the ball under Mike Krzyzewski turning in several explosive offensive performances averaging 13.5 points and 1.9 assists per game to earn All-ACC Honorable Mention recognition.
- Possesses tremendous size for a wing measured at the NBA Combine standing 6’8 in shoes with an impressive 7’0.5 wingspan and a promising 208-pound frame that still has plenty of room to fill out. Rangy athlete with the fluid footwork to get into his jump shot impressively on the move who could continue to improve as a slasher as he gets stronger.
- Capable perimeter scorer who can run hot from the perimeter and score in bunches. Played a complimentary role for the Blue Devils spacing the floor, working off screens away from the ball, and filling lanes in transition. Had some positive moments creating his own shot - especially out of ball screen actions, but did not fill the point-forward role with the frequency he did at the prep level. Stepped up on several notable occasions to make clutch shots to cap big games, scratching the surface of the player he could grow into down the road.
- Combination of agility and length are a plus on the defensive end. Did a nice job getting his hands in the passing lanes and defending multiple positions on the perimeter for stretches this season. Still figuring out how to be physical make the most of his tools consistently, but fit in nicely on one of the nation’s top defensive teams this season despite his relative youth.
- Allowed 0.75 points per Isolation possession[54th percentile] faring pretty well on the ball even after switches.
- 2018-19 All-ACC Honorable Mention selection.
- Played in the 2018 McDonald’s All-American Game, Jordan Brand Classic and Nike Hoop Summit.
- Helped the U.S. Team earn a bronze medal at the 2017 FIBA U-19 Men’s Basketball World Cup.
- Averaged 13.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.6 steals.
- Finished second in the ACC in three-point attempts (267) and fourth in makes (89).
- Drained a game-winning three-pointer at No. 13 Florida State (Jan. 12).
- Made a clutch three-pointer in the final two minutes to help the Blue Devils beat Central Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
- Scored a career-high 27 points at North Carolina (Feb. 20).
- Had 22 points in a season-opening win over Kentucky (Nov. 6).
- A five-star recruit who ranked as the No. 3 overall prospect and No. 2 small forward in the class of 2018 by ESPN.
- Elite blend of size, length and fluidity.
- Versatile offensive player with a smooth handle.
- Make plays off the bounce and shoots with range.
- Has the physical tools to be an elite defender.
- Father, Robert, played basketball at VCU.
- Favorite all-time NBA player is Allen Iverson.