Daily News - October 3, 2017
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers continue to focus on offense as Kevin Love moves to center
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Last season, four of the league's top five teams made at least 12 3-pointers per game.
Welcome to the new NBA, an era of pace and space, where teams are abandoning traditional big men and experimenting with funky lineups.
The Cleveland Cavaliers will be doing the same this season, as head coach Tyronn Lue confirmed that last year's starting power forward Kevin Love will slide over one spot, sending Tristan Thompson to the second unit. With Love at center, the Cavs will use 6-foot-6 Jae Crowder at power forward and 6-foot-8 LeBron James in the frontcourt as well. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tristan Thompson wants to be NBA Sixth Man of the Year on crowded Cavaliers' bench
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- Tristan Thompson is headed for the bench, with his eyes set on stardom.
His goal is to be Sixth Man of the Year.
"I'm going to go for Sixth Man of the Year, put myself in position to do that," Thompson said Monday, after coach Tyronn Lue confirmed that Kevin Love would start at center and Thompson was on the second unit. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love is Cavaliers' center; Dwyane Wade may be backup point guard
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- Kevin Love is the Cavaliers' starting center this season and Dwyane Wade may very well begin the year as the backup point guard.
Those were the two most important items learned from Cleveland's Wine & Gold scrimmage Monday at The Q.
Cavs coach Tyronn Lue confirmed Love was the Cavs' center following the scrimmage, which means Tristan Thompson is indeed returning to a reserve role and Jae Crowder will start at power forward. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (10/3) LeBron James (ankle) out for Cavaliers' preseason opener Cleveland.com
- (10/3) LeBron James, other members of Cleveland Cavaliers react to Las Vegas shooting Cleveland.com
- (10/3) New-Look Cavaliers Debut at The Q Cavs.com
- (10/3) LeBron James to miss Cavaliers’ preseason opener Wednesday Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/3) Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue anoints Kevin Love starting center; Dwyane Wade likes ‘playmaker’ role with second unit Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/3) Kevin Love switched to center, Tristan Thompson moved to second team to make Cavs’ bench stronger News-Herald
- (10/3) Cavs moving Love to center and putting Crowder in starting lineup Medina-Gazette
- (10/3) Cavaliers moving Love to center, Thompson to reserve role Fox Sports
- (10/3) Cavs bench playing well early with Dwyane Wade at the controls The Athletic
- (10/3) Center of Love? Cavs may make lineup change Amico Hoops
- (10/3) Cleveland Cavaliers' LeBron James sends prayers to victims of deadliest U.S. mass shooting WKYC
- (10/3) Tristan Thompson embraces 6th man role ESPN
- (10/3) Will LeBron's Cavs Cruise Above the Central's Fray? SI.com