Daily News - October 28, 2017
Gary Dineen/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers at New Orleans Pelicans, Game 6 preview and listings
Author: Joe Vardon
NEW ORLEANS -- The Cavaliers (3-2) finish this two-game road trip against the New Orleans Pelicans (2-3).
When: 7 p.m.
TV: Fox Sports Ohio. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers shouldn't use Brooklyn pick in trade for DeMarcus Cousins
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Shortly after the Cleveland Cavaliers acquired the Brooklyn Nets' valuable 2018 first round pick in late August -- the centerpiece of a blockbuster trade with the Boston Celtics for Kyrie Irving -- the speculation began about what the Cavs were going to do with it.
Keep it, allowing the selection to represent future protection in case LeBron James leaves in free agency? After all, having what could amount to a top 10 pick in a stacked draft would help jumpstart Cleveland's rebuild. Or send it elsewhere, hoping the pick could fetch a star?
Then came the fictional moves, with many trying to identify possible trade targets. But with Jimmy Butler, Paul George, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Irving all elsewhere, the list has seemingly dwindled. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James point guard experiment ends with Derrick Rose's return
Author: Joe Vardon
NEW YORK -- The LeBron James point guard experiment is about over in the sense that come Saturday night, the New Orleans public address announcer will likely say that Derrick Rose is starting at that position.
Rose, who's missed the past three games with a sprained left ankle, said he "should be ready to go" for the Cavs' game against the Pelicans. Cleveland went 1-2 in Rose's absence; James played point guard in the last two games.
"I don't care what level you're at, it's hard to win without a point guard," Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said. "No matter how great LeBron is, to continue to play 38, 39 minutes at the point guard position, that's tough." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (10/28) Cavaliers' new, old lineup a throwback to Finals with Derrick Rose replacing Kyrie Irving Cleveland.com
- (10/28) #CavsPelicans Game Preview - October 28, 2017 Cavs.com
- (10/28) Cavaliers try fourth starting lineup with Tristan Thompson at center; Jae Crowder moves to second unit Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/28) Cavaliers notebook: Derrick Rose expected to return at point guard vs. Pelicans; draining role for LeBron James likely over Akron Beacon Journal
- (10/28) Cavs must improve 3-point defense moving forward News-Herald
- (10/28) Cavs changing starting lineup again, but this one has a familiar feel to it The Athletic
- (10/28) Cavs Early Struggles Worth Paying Attention To 92.3 The Fan
- (10/28) Cavs’ Crowder to bench; Tristan to start Amico Hoops
- (10/28) Cavaliers using fourth starting lineup of 2017-18 season ESPN.com