Daily News - November 16, 2017
Glenn James/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers win three straight for first time this season with 115-107 triumph over Hornets
Author: Joe Vardon
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Hold onto your hats, the Cavaliers have won three straight.
LeBron James scored 31 points and Cleveland knocked off the Charlotte Hornets 115-107 on Wednesday night to finish off a four-game road trip with three consecutive victories.
The Cavs (8-7) are back over .500 for the first time since Oct. 28 and amassed three straight wins for the first time this season. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers' winning streak highlights depth, as team learns how to thrive with LeBron James on bench: Chris Fedor
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The ending to the script was the same Wednesday night: LeBron James putting an exclamation point on a Cleveland Cavaliers' victory. But the rest of the game didn't follow the usual narrative.
That's a promising sign for a growing team.
With the Cavaliers trailing by three points late in the third quarter, James plowed into Charlotte's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist before the whistle blew. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue says the Cavaliers 'gotta' play Channing Frye
Author: Joe Vardon
CHARLOTTE -- Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said Channing Frye needs to continue to play, following second game of nine points in 20 or more minutes off the bench.
Lue told Frye before the start of the season that he did not have a spot in the rotation. But an injury to Tristan Thompson cleared space for Frye to get on the court, and he's proven his mettle.
Frye tallied nine points and eight rebounds in 20 minutes of the Cavs' 115-107 win against the Hornets Wednesday night. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (11/16) Charlotte Hornets coach says Cavaliers struggle defensively with Kevin Love at center Cleveland.com
- (11/16) Cavs Sting Hornets to Wrap Up Roadie Cavs.com
- (11/16) Cavaliers notebook: Hornets coach says Cavs a ‘totally different team’ without Tristan Thompson Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/16) Cavaliers 115, Hornets 107: LeBron James, second unit cruise as Cavs end road trip with 3-1 record Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/16) Marla’s 30 shots from beyond the arc on blitzing, LeBron’s foul trouble and Jeff Green in flight Akron Beacon Journal
- (11/16) James scores 31 in win over Hornets, 115-107 News-Herald
- (11/16) Final Thoughts: None of LeBron James' teams have ever fared well when he rested. This team has a chance to be the first The Athletic
- (11/16) Cavs save their best for road, swarm Hornets Amico Hoops
- (11/16) Cavaliers say staying overnight after games has aided recent run ESPN.com
- (11/16) Draymond Green Says LeBron James' Minutes Would Concern Him If He Were Cavs Fan Bleacher Report
- (11/16) Once again too much LeBron James was too much for Charlotte Hornets Charlotte Observer
- (11/16) Charge fade in second half of home opener CantonRep