Daily News - January 31, 2018
Gregory Shamus/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers' Isaiah Thomas still playing at '75, 80 percent' of his capacity, says he's ahead of schedule
Author: Joe Vardon
DETROIT -- If Isaiah Thomas' math is correct, his game hasn't improved since he returned.
Thomas said after Tuesday's 125-114 loss to the Detroit Pistons that he was playing at about "75, 80 percent" of his former capacity, following seven months away from basketball to rehabilitate multiple right hip injuries.
Thomas, playing in his 11th game this season, scored 19 points but shot 3-of-10 in 33 minutes and committed five turnovers. He said on Jan. 5, after having played in just one game so far, that he was playing at about "80 percent." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Nike launches 'LeBron Watch' campaign
Author: Troy L. Smith
CLEVELAND, Ohio - For the most part, sneakerheads have had to admire what are known in the industry as Player Exclusives from a far.
They're shoes players wear during games that rarely make it to the general public. But Nike is looking to change that, using the biggest star in the NBA - LeBron James.
Nike has announced launched #LeBronWatch, a social media campaign that will allow fans to purchase select Nike LeBron 15 PE shoes through the SNKRS app the minute James wears them during a game. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cleveland Cavaliers: LeBron, Kyrie and the blood transfer
Author: Bill Livingston
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Urban Meyer, spotted riding in the Cleveland Cavaliers' victory parade in 2016 because LeBron James loves Ohio State, says a championship creates a lasting bond.
Meyer should know, having won three national championships, two at Florida and one with the Buckeyes, and so should James, who has won three NBA titles, two with Miami and one with the Cavaliers.
Meyer compares the closeness of champions to a "blood transfer." - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/31) Cleveland Cavaliers aren't built to sustain Kevin Love injury Cleveland.com
- (1/31) Cavaliers react to Kevin Love's broken bone after loss to Pistons Cleveland.com
- (1/31) Cavaliers lose a game and an All-Star in 125-114 defeat to Pistons Cleveland.com
- (1/31) Kevin Love suffers broken bone in left hand against Detroit Pistons Cleveland.com
- (1/31) Cavs Lose Love, Fall to Shorthanded Pistons Cavs.com
- (1/31) Marla’s 43 shots from beyond the arc on Kevin Love’s hand, Cavs’ issues and the trade deadline Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/31) Pistons 125, Cavaliers 114: Kevin Love suffers broken left hand in loss to Pistons Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/31) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James ‘a little bit in shock’ by Blake Griffin trade, sees both sides of NBA loyalty Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/31) Love breaks left hand in 125-114 loss to Pistons News-Herald
- (1/31) ESPN report: Cavaliers’ Kevin Love suffers hand fracture, out 6 to 8 weeks News-Herald
- (1/31) Final Thoughts: Kevin Love's hand injury likely alters Cavs' plans as trade deadline nears The Athletic
- (1/31) Dwyane Wade passes Larry Bird on the all-time scoring list Fear The Sword
- (1/31) Latest loss another example Cavs are broken Amico Hoops
- (1/31) Should Kevin Love's injury change the Cavs' trade plans? ESPN.com
- (1/31) Cavaliers' Kevin Love likely out 6-8 weeks with fractured hand ESPN.com
- (1/31) Channing Frye blocking out noise by focusing on one goal: the championship ESPN.com
- (1/31) Love Lost: Replacing Kevin Love Won’t Be Simple for the Cavaliers SI.com
- (1/31) Kevin Love Injury Puts Major Pressure on Isaiah Thomas, Cavs Front Office Bleacher Report
- (1/31) LeBron James Reacts to Blake Griffin Trade, Highlights NBA Loyalty Hypocrisy Bleacher Report