Daily News - January 29, 2018
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cleveland Cavaliers: It's hard to be Isaiah Thomas again
Author: Bill Livingston
CLEVELAND, Ohio - Isaiah Thomas wonders why the Cleveland Cavaliers would trade for him if they were not going to let him be Isaiah Thomas.
That Isaiah Thomas was a one-season wonder.
Thomas had the fifth-highest "usage rate" in the NBA with the Boston Celtics last season at 34 percent, meaning when he was on the floor more than one of every three Celtics plays were run for him. The second-most on his team was Gerald Green at 22.7 percent. It was one of the wider gaps in the league. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue looks to split up LeBron James and Isaiah Thomas more throughout the game
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- With 4:57 remaining in the third quarter and the Cleveland Cavaliers clinging to a one-point lead, head coach Tyronn Lue did something a little unusual with his lineup. He took both LeBron James and Kevin Love out at the same time, letting Isaiah Thomas -- who has been getting bashed from all sides recently -- and four reserves finish the quarter.
In those pivotal five minutes, the Cavs pushed the lead to three points heading into the final period.
Thomas was responsible for 10 of the team's 13 points, combining his own scoring and assists. The only play he didn't have a direct role in featured Kyle Korver and Channing Frye. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Channing Frye's value is something Cavaliers 'can't put into words'
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- It had gotten a little stuffy for the Cleveland Cavaliers recently, a week that started with a fiery team meeting in the aftermath of the team's worst stretch of the season.
Leave it to Channing Frye to lighten the mood.
Only this time, the team jokester who had tumbled out of head coach Tyronn Lue's tight 10-man rotation brought some levity on the court, with an unexpected putback dunk that sent his teammates into a state of delirium, allowing the drama-filled Cavaliers to exhale for a brief moment. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (1/29) Tyronn Lue still solving Cavaliers' lineup puzzle with several pieces yet to fit Cleveland.com
- (1/29) Isaiah Thomas sits fourth quarter, Cavaliers win 121-104 over Pistons Cleveland.com
- (1/29) Dwyane Wade could return to Cavaliers Tuesday; Isaiah Thomas might play in back to back Cleveland.com
- (1/29) Late Push Propels Cavs Past Pistons Cavs.com
- (1/29) Cavaliers notebook: With Dwyane Wade still excused, Derrick Rose makes most of his opportunity Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/29) Marla’s 39 shots from beyond the arc on Frye’s dunk, Lue’s fourth-quarter rotation and finding I.T.’s niche Akron Beacon Journal
- (1/29) LeBron James narrowly misses triple-double, Cavs beat Pistons News-Herald
- (1/29) Team effort vs. Pistons helps Cavs win second straight News-Herald
- (1/29) Cavaliers 121, Pistons 104: Cleveland fantastic in 4th quarter, gets fun victory Medina-Gazette
- (1/29) Final Thoughts: Smiles replace snarls after Cavs' best win in weeks The Athletic
- (1/29) With trade deadline looming, it's time for Cavs to ask hard questions about Isaiah Thomas' fit in Cleveland The Athletic
- (1/29) Cavaliers second half surge leads to 121-104 win over Detroit Lake County Sentinel
- (1/29) Cavs Finally Have Some Fun, Pull Away From Pistons Late To Win Second Straight, 121-104 92.3 The Fan
- (1/29) Backscreens: Cavs take steps in right direction in win Amico Hoops
- (1/29) Deep-Fryed Cavaliers could be cooking again Amico Hoops
- (1/29) Fluid rotation remains a puzzle for Cavaliers Amico Hoops
- (1/29) 5 Quick Takes: Lue rides hot hands as Cavs top Pistons Amico Hoops
- (1/29) Toronto Raptors' Dwane Casey to coach Team LeBron in All-Star Game NBA.com
- (1/29) Isaiah Thomas sits for fourth as Tyronn Lue alters rotations ESPN.com