Daily News - February 19, 2018
Jayne Kamin-Oncea/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Love: It was apparent Cavs needed makeover
Author: Colton Jones
Publication: Amico Hoops
It didn’t take Captain Obvious making an appearance for the basketball world to know the Cleveland Cavaliers needed a change after the way their season was collapsing since Christmas.
Speaking at All-Star Saturday in Los Angeles, Kevin Love didn’t dodge it when asked if the deadline-day makeover done by first-year general manager Koby Altman was necessary.
“Yeah, I think that was pretty apparent,” Love, who earned an All-Star selection for the fifth time, but will watch as a spectator for the second consecutive season because of injury, this one a broken left hand suffered Jan. 30 in Detroit, said. Love missed the All-Star Game last season because of arthroscopic knee surgery.
The Cavaliers (34-22) entered the break on a four-game winning streak, but were on the brink of a complete meltdown after Isaiah Thomas and Dwyane Wade reportedly came at Love at a team meeting after an embarrassing 148-124 home loss to Oklahoma City. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
NBA mock draft 2018: Who might the Cavaliers get with the Brooklyn Nets' pick?
Author: Matt Goul
CLEVELAND, Ohio – The NBA All-Star break has a couple more days left for the Cavaliers, the trade deadline is over and the Cavaliers still have their coveted first-round draft pick from the Brooklyn Nets.
What can it get them?
Let’s take an early forecast with this mock draft.
Players are listed with their height, position and college. Teams’ odds of making the lottery, plus what their options could be in that slot are noted. The order is based on records at the break. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kyrie Irving points to $100,000 All-Star payout while LeBron James, others rave about new format
Author: Joe Vardon
LOS ANGELES -- Who gave Kyrie Irving truth serum?
Of course the NBA All-Star Game was about the money.
"There was something that we could look forward to if we got a win," Irving said, after Team LeBron (of which he was a member) beat Team Stephen 148-145 in an unusually competitive and entertaining All-Star game in Los Angeles.
"They'll bring up the cash prize, but, $100,000 to $25,000, I think everybody in this room would be doing the same things we were doing," said Irving, who finished the game with 13 points and nine assists. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (2/19) Why LeBron James and other athletes speak out Cleveland.com
- (2/19) LeBron James wins MVP, his team beats Team Stephen Curry 148-145 in NBA All-Star Game Cleveland.com
- (2/19) Hollywood’s Leading Man Cavs.com
- (2/19) LeBron James earns All-Star MVP as his team defeats Team Stephen, 148-145 News-Herald
- (2/19) Stereotyping opinions of athletes is narrow-minded News-Herald
- (2/19) All-Star weekend Final Thoughts: Cavs receive high praise for roster makeover The Athletic
- (2/19) It's a perfect time for LeBron James and Steve Kerr to find and use their voices for social commentary The Athletic
- (2/19) LeBron the brightest of all stars… again Amico Hoops
- (2/19) Bosh: Cavaliers now on the fast track Amico Hoops
- (2/19) Team LeBron caps comeback with defensive stop, top Team Stephen NBA.com
- (2/19) LeBron James adds another layer to his legacy by flipping script on perception of All-Star Game NBA.com
- (2/19) LeBron James scores 29, wins his third career All-Star Game MVP ESPN.com
- (2/19) The All-Star Game gets the LeBron-driven shakeup it needed ESPN.com
- (2/19) N.B.A. All-Star Game Shows Some Toughness After a Makeover New York Times
- (2/19) LeBron James rules revamped NBA All-Star Game NY Post
- (2/19) NBA All-Star Game Takeaways: New Format Works and LeBron Still Reigns SI.com
- (2/19) LeBron James raves about Los Angeles All-Star experience USA Today
- (2/19) Team LeBron storms back to defeat Team Steph in revamped NBA All-Star Game USA Today
- (2/19) What if LeBron James had just shut up and dribbled? USA Today
- (2/19) LeBron James Reveals Top 4 Picks for 2018 NBA All-Star Game; Kevin Durant No. 1 Bleacher Report