Daily News - December 17, 2017
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Cavaliers pile up wins and LeBron James' triple doubles on homestand, beat Utah 109-100
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- This Cavaliers' homestand was about two things: wins and triple doubles for LeBron James.
Cleveland swept its four-game stay at The Q by finishing off the Utah Jazz, 109-100, for coach Tyronn Lue's 100th win. James posted yet another triple double with 29 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists.
It was James' second consecutive triple double, third on the homestand, and 60th (in the regular season) of his career, moving him past Larry Bird for sixth place in NBA history. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Tyronn Lue wins 100th game as Cleveland Cavaliers coach, players celebrate with postgame popcorn party
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- The Cavaliers toasted coach Tyronn Lue's 100th win Saturday with popcorn.
Hey, it beats the water the Cavs usually dump on someone for a personal milestone inside the locker room.
Cleveland's 109-100 victory over the Utah Jazz was the 100th of Lue's head coaching career, which dates to Jan. 23, 2016. He took over for fired coach David Blatt then and steered the Cavs to the first title in franchise history. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James knew he'd have MVP-worthy season, says he's 'breaking mold' for next contract
Author: Joe Vardon
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- The thing about LeBron James' monster season is, well, he told us this was coming.
James enters tonight's game against the Utah Jazz with triple doubles in two of his last three games. He's averaging a triple double over the Cavs' current 10-game home winning streak.
For the season, James is scoring more points per game (28.1) than he has in nine years. His 9.1 assists, .578 field goal and .411 3-point shooting percentages are career highs. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/17) LeBron James not happy mic caught his words to Lonzo Ball, would be OK with picking All-Star teams on TV Cleveland.com
- (12/17) Cedi Osman making most of opportunity, earning trust of coaches and teammates Cleveland.com
- (12/17) LeBron James leaving teammates speechless with nightly impact Cleveland.com
- (12/17) Cleveland Cavaliers: Comfortable silence, stable front office -- Terry Pluto Cleveland.com
- (12/17) Cleveland Cavaliers at Washington Wizards, Game 31 preview and listings Cleveland.com
- (12/17) Cavs Hold Off Jazz, Wrap Up Perfect Homestand Cavs.com
- (12/17) Cavaliers 109, Jazz 100: LeBron James records third triple-double in last four games to hold off Jazz Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/17) Marla’s 36 shots from beyond the arc on Lue’s popcorn shower, James’ triple-doubles and a humble rookie Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/17) Cavaliers notebook: LeBron James wants to ‘break the mold’ for big contracts for older players Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/17) James gets 60th triple-double; Cavs beat Jazz, 109-100 News-Herald
- (12/17) Final Thoughts: 100 wins in, Tyronn Lue is succeeding at the job he never wanted The Athletic
- (12/17) Cedi Osman Growing Confidence In Himself, From Teammates 92.3 The Fan
- (12/17) Dribbles: More LeBron, more of same, all good for Cavs Amico Hoops
- (12/17) LeBron James: I want to 'break the mold' of a players' prime ending early ESPN.com
- (12/17) LeBron doesn't think facing teammates in ASG would hurt Cavs locker room ESPN.com
- (12/17) LeBron James' passing prowess puts him in rarefied NBA position USA Today
- (12/17) Jazz fight, but LeBron proves too much as Cavs beat Utah 109-100 Salt Lake Tribune
- (12/17) LeBron James helps Cavs top Jazz, passes Larry Bird on triple-double list: ‘It’s just humbling’ Deseret News
- (12/17) The Triple Team: Jazz play well, but lose to LeBron and Cavs buzzsaw KSL.com