Daily News - December 15, 2017
David Liam Kyle/NBAE via Getty Images
**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don't necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James and Larry Bird; J.R. Smith's 'dope' Supreme sleeve; why now for Jose Calderon
Author: Joe Vardon
Who LeBron looks up to Scottie Pippen. Julius Erving. George Gervin.
Oh, and of course Larry Bird.
Those were the small forwards LeBron James said he looked up to as he came into the NBA. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
Jose Calderon, an 'oldie but goodie,' has changed how teams defend Cavaliers
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- As soon as NBA free agency opened, the Cleveland Cavaliers set their sights on veteran point guard Jose Calderon, ultimately signing him to an official contract a few days after the league moratorium passed.
Out of the early-season rotation -- watching Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert and others get their chance first -- Calderon has shown why the Cavs were so dogged in their offseason pursuit.
"He's an oldie but goodie," Kevin Love said. "Whether he's playing five minutes or 35 minutes, he's going to be Jose and go out there and knock down shots, play with a lot of poise. He's been great for us. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James tied Larry Bird for triple doubles, beats Lonzo Ball in 121-112 Cavaliers win over Lakers
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND -- LeBron James didn't want to talk about the Lakers and all the hypotheticals surrounding his own future Thursday morning.
In the evening, though, James showed them what he can (still) do.
James tied Larry Bird for sixth place in NBA history in triple doubles and the Cavs beat Los Angeles, 121-112. He registered his 59th regular-season triple double with 25 points, 12 rebounds, and 12 assists. - CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/15) Tristan Thompson (calf soreness) late scratch against Lakers Cleveland.com
- (12/15) Isaiah Thomas to have jersey retired by University of Washington Cleveland.com
- (12/15) Kevin Love impressed with Lonzo Ball's win-first approach, says he's shown 'a lot of bright flashes' Cleveland.com
- (12/15) Cavs Stay Hot at Home, Hold Off Lakers Cavs.com
- (12/15) Marla’s 32 thoughts from beyond the arc on LeBron matching Bird, hockey assists and a sick boy’s wish Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/15) Cavaliers 121, Lakers 112: Kevin Love’s 28 points, LeBron James’ fourth triple-double help Cavs hold off upstart Lakers Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/15) Cavaliers notebook: Kevin Love likes what he hears from Lakers rookie Lonzo Ball Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/15) Obnoxious LaVar Ball one reason LeBron James should never sign with Lakers News-Herald
- (12/15) Cavaliers top Lakers, 121-112, behind LeBron’s 59th career triple-double News-Herald
- (12/15) Final Thoughts: The night Larry Bird's past and Lonzo Ball's present converged with LeBron James' future The Athletic
- (12/15) Jose Calderon brings unexpected balance to the Cavaliers The Athletic
- (12/15) Cavaliers play bigger ball, stopping the Lakers 121-112 Lake County Sentinel
- (12/15) Final Score: Cleveland Cavaliers defeat Los Angeles Lakers 121-122 Fear The Sword
- (12/15) Veteran Calderon Steadying Cavaliers When They Needed It Most 92.3 The Fan
- (12/15) Dribbles: LeBron, Cavs ball just enough to drop LA Amico Hoops
- (12/15) LeBron-to-LA isn’t a real thing Amico Hoops
- (12/15) Altman talks about basketball, Cavs and life at Park Synagogue Sports Night Cleveland Jewish News
- (12/15) LeBron on postgame chat with Lonzo Ball: 'None of y'all business' ESPN.com
- (12/15) LeBron James' triple-double leads Cavaliers past Lonzo Ball's Lakers ESPN.com
- (12/15) LeBron James Records Triple-Double in Cavaliers Win vs. Lonzo Ball, Lakers Bleacher Report
- (12/15) Lakers put on show for LeBron James, but fall to Cavaliers 121-112 LA Times
- (12/15) Lakers Gritty in Hard-Fought Loss to LeBron's Cavs Lakers.com