Former Warriors Player & Current KNBR Radio Host Slated To Work 10 Upcoming Games
Tolbert currently hosts “The Tom Tolbert Show” on KNBR which airs weekdays from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. In addition to his radio work in San Francisco, Tolbert had stints with the NBA on NBC and with ESPN.
During Tolbert’s three seasons with the Warriors the team reached the NBA Playoffs two times, including a trip to the Western Conference Semi-finals in 1991. Overall, Tolbert played seven seasons in the NBA, averaging 6.5 points and 4.0 rebounds per game over 312 regular-season contests with the Charlotte Hornets, Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors. During the 1993-94 season, while with the Clippers, he was a teammate of current Warriors Head Coach Mark Jackson.
Tim Roye is currently in his 18th season of handling the play-by-play duties for all Warriors radio broadcasts. Roye also continues to host a weekly one-hour program on KNBR, "Warriors Weekly Roundtable," throughout the basketball season as well as the Warriors’ pregame and postgame shows.
Below is a list of the 10 games that Tolbert will work this season:
- Wednesday, January 2 vs. Los Angeles Clippers
- Wednesday, January 9 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
- Wednesday, January 16 vs. Miami Heat
- Wednesday, January 23 vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Wednesday, February 20 vs. Phoenix Suns
- Wednesday, March 6 vs. Sacramento Kings
- Monday, March 11 vs. New York Knicks
- Monday, March 25 vs. Los Angeles Lakers
- Wednesday, April 3 vs. New Orleans Hornets
- Tuesday, April 9 vs. Minnesota Timberwolves