Players, Coaches & Team Ambassadors to Actively Engage Bay Area Community Every Day Until Season Tip-Off
The Golden State Warriors announced today the start of #GSWCountdown, in which the team’s players, coaches, ambassadors and staff will actively engage the Bay Area community every day leading up to the 2013-14 season opener on Wednesday, October 30 against the Los Angeles Lakers. Starting today, in an effort to build excitement for the upcoming season, members of the Warriors’ organization will be in the community giving away free items, tickets and memorabilia; making radio and TV appearances; and hosting #GSWCountdown social media contests in which fans can win unique prizes.
The Warriors will tip off the #GSWCountdown with their 4th Annual Tweedia Day, beginning at 1:00 p.m. today, Friday, September 27. An event catered to connect Warriors players with Warriors fans through the power of social media, Tweedia Day will feature live streaming coverage of the team’s annual Media Day, presented by Kaiser Permanente, on warriors.com. In addition to answering questions from fans on the live stream, players will give away prizes, take over the team’s social media accounts, take fans on a virtual tour of Media Day, and much more.
A sample of additional events for the #GSWCountdown include:
- Warriors Fan Fest Hosted by AC Green – On Sunday, October 27 from Noon – 5:30 p.m. the Tribune Tavern (401 13th Street, Oakland) will host a Fan Fest for all Warriors fans to enjoy featuring Warriors players, Warriors legends, Warrior Girls, the Flying Dubs, sound stage with two musical acts, a kid’s zone, and food and beverage. The event will be a block party that will span from 12th St. to 14th St. and Broadway to Webster.
- San Francisco Chamber of Commerce Warriors Tip-off Luncheon – On Monday, October 28 from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. the San Francisco Chamber of Commerce will host a Warriors Tip-off Luncheon where attendees will have the opportunity to eat with and meet Warriors players, coaches and Warrior Girls. For more information visit sfchamber.com.
- Sundays Brunch Stops – Members of the Warriors organization will stop by local brunch hangouts throughout the Bay Area every Sundays leading up to Opening Night.
- Taco Tuesday Takeovers – Members of the Warriors organization will take over Taco Tuesday locations throughout the Bay Area every Tuesday leading up to Opening Night.
- Warrior Girls Walk – The Warrior Girls will walk the new span of the Bay Bridge interacting with fellow walkers and cyclists starting from the East Bay heading towards Treasure Island.
Give-a-ways throughout #GSWCountdown include the opportunity to attend a Warriors practice, autographed memorabilia, Warriors merchandise, game tickets, car flags and more. In addition to the above events, fans may even see players, coaches and ambassadors on Caltrain & BART, at airports, in neighborhood grocery stores, or even just walking downtown giving away items. To keep up with #GSWCountdown, fans can follow @warriors on Twitter and visit warriors.com for updated information.
A majority of the events taking place leading up to Opening Night will not be pre-publicized to ensure members of the Bay Area community will be surprised by random acts of kindness and visits from the Warriors while going about their everyday lives. Just keep an eye out for Warriors in your neighborhood!
comments powered by Disqus