Oakland and San Francisco Mayors Raise Flags in Support
The City of Oakland held a press conference and rally on Thursday, April 18 after the final game of the regular season followed by a flag ceremony where Oakland Mayor Jean Quan raised a Golden State Warriors flag at City Hall to show support for the Bay Area's team.
The City of San Francisco is also showing support by lighting up City Hall blue and gold throughout the first round of the 2013 NBA Playoffs and San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee also raised a Golden State Warriors flag at City Hall this past Saturday, April 20.
Select restaurants throughout the cities of Oakland and San Francisco have created specials for Warriors fans to enjoy while cheering on the Bay Area's team as they take on the Denver Nuggets throughout the First Round of the 2013 NBA Playoffs. Specials include:
- Fauna (1900 Telegraph Ave, Oakland), the new bar in Uptown Oakland, is serving up a "Warriors" cocktail special. Enjoy the games on the big screen televisions as you indulge in a rum, ginger and lime drink special.
- At Faz (1111 Broadway, Oakland), order the "Stephen Curry" dish - a combination of gulf shrimp, fresh tomatoes and spinach in a light curry cream sauce. The dish is $16. Order a glass of Faz Chardonnay for just $1 with this dish when the game is on.
- At Haven (44 Webster, Oakland), enjoy the "Stephen Curry" drink special, including bourbon, sweet vermouth, Campari and sassafras bitters.
- Ike's Lair (2204 Broadway, Oakland) will offer a free chips and drink with the purchase of a full size Harrison Barnes or GS Warriors sandwich on playoff game days.
- Original Joe's (601 Union St., San Francisco) will have passed appetizers and a champagne toast during the Tuesday, April 23 game.
- Ozumo (2251 Broadway, Oakland) will screen the games and offer a "3-Point Curry" cocktail, including Remy V, mango puree, Thai chili simple syrup, curry sugar, orange and lime juice for just $8.
- Pican (2295 Broadway, Oakland) has premiered a special cocktail, "54 at the Garden," honoring one of the best performances in basketball history, when Warriors Guard Stephen Curry scored 54 points versus the New York Knicks in Madison Square Garden. Enjoy this refreshing cocktail ($11) as you watch the games on the TV's at the bar.
- Tres Agaves (130 Townsend St., San Francisco) is extending their happy hour specials to 9:00 p.m. for the Warriors home game on Friday, April 26.